Ssssssst . . . . . . . . . . . Linux Friends !

Bruno

My dear friends of the All Things Linux Forum !I don´t know if you ever have a look at the forum index page, but a close inspection shows that the All Things Linux comes in place 2, after the WaterCooler, in the number of replies posted. At the moment that I am writing this ¨we¨ have 1622 and ¨they¨ have 1971 replies. ;)This shows how we friends are an exelent bunch of people, helping out eachother in a real way. Sure a first place in post count is what we are aiming for, but to see that the All Things Linux is a place where people really feel at home is even more important. :)So need I say more ? I´m counting on all of you regulars to keep our high status, in counts and in friendlyness. Also, and this is even more important as the forum is growing with big paces every day, lets join forces to keep the fun of learning more about Linux in the very FIRST place !!! :unsure: Bruno

My dear friends of the All Things Linux Forum !I don´t know if you ever have a look at the forum index page, but a close inspection shows that the All Things Linux comes in place 2, after the WaterCooler, in the number of replies posted. At the moment that I am writing this ¨we¨ have 1622 and ¨they¨ have 1971 replies. ;)This shows how we friends are an exelent bunch of people, helping out eachother in a real way. Sure a first place in post count is what we are aiming for, but to see that the All Things Linux is a place where people really feel at home is even more important. :)So need I say more ? I´m counting on all of you regulars to keep our high status, in counts and in friendlyness. Also, and this is even more important as the forum is growing with big paces every day, lets join forces to keep the fun of learning more about Linux in the very FIRST place !!! B) Bruno
:) Hello BrunoI feel that you and the other moderators of this forum are doing an outstanding Job promoting Linux and helping people. Although I am a PC Consultant I am just now starting to really get into Linux although I have played with it off and on for 9 years. I never really got into it because of the Rude Know it all Linux zealots in other forums that I went too for answers. This is the best and most friendly Linux forum that I have ever had the privelage of being a part of. Keep up the good work and You are all number One in my book. It is nice to have a forum that I can recommend to my clients who are interested in Linux.Thanks to you and all of the Moderators and members of this Forum. :D M H BellPC Consultant :D

B) Yes this is the best Linux forum, friendly, useful and somewhere to go just to talk Linux. Unfortunately my first experience with user groups and forums was not so good but it didn't put me off Linux, it just made me more determined to learn it, even if I had to do it by myself.Joy

Bruno,Thankfully, I have never had any experience with the "...Rude Know it all Linux zealots...", but those that I have asked for help - in the past - answered me as if I was the co-author of the Linux kernel; needless to say, Linux went on the "back burner". :) Then, needing a break from those three forums, I started to browse here...saw: "All Things Linux", and took a closer look. Well, all I can say is this is THE forum, with such great, helpful people; no derision, no condescending attitudes, just genuinely good and eager-to-help members. :) Now I mean the entire forum, not just the Linux parcel. B) I have finally found a "home on the web". :) And even if I get told to leave... :) ...I won't. B) Thanks for being the greatest bunch of guys and gals, from teachers to "Arctic Playbirds". B)

Thanks for being the greatest bunch of guys and gals, from teachers to "Arctic Playbirds". B)
You are right about there being an arctic playbird B) here that is a Linux expert. I just do my best to distract him in the water cooler (funny he should try to have some competition between the two when I think he is the biggest poster there). Wait until I get my new hard drive and CDs. Then you will be sick of me over here as I try to figure Linux out as well. ------------------------Needs to LEARN Linux B)

Hey, hey, this thread is not about me ! But about the beautifull friends here on the forum, and how we should stick together to make/keep the All Things Linux forum the ¨coolest¨ place to be ! :DB) Bruno

Does anyone else hear the sound of Scot pulling out his hair? Here he sets out to develope a forum covering Windows from one end to the other, with an emphasis on sp*m...and within a couple of months he's got a forum in which most of the members either want to enjoy random chat or learn Linux. ^_^ Whoda thunk it?

Does anyone else hear the sound of Scot pulling out his hair?  Here he sets out to develope a forum covering Windows from one end to the other, with an emphasis on sp*m...and within a couple of months he's got a forum in which most of the members either want to enjoy random chat or learn Linux.  :(  Whoda thunk it?
Means we are doing a great job Jeber ! ( I´ll keep contibuting to your count, if you will keep pushing up ours ! ):( Bruno

Nothing wrong with having an all linux forum. This could be a sign of people wanting something else besides windows. Hey maybe Scot needs to do a Linux newsletter too. :( Once word spreads about how great it is for newbies to get help with linux here, it could attrack more penguins. :(

I've been using Linux for a couple of months now (nuked Windows and dropped myself in at the deep end). In all the time I've searched around for help/ forums atc, I've found that none are as useful/ newbie friendly as this one. I looked over it only yesterday for the first time and was REALLY impressed - great work by all the mods and contibuters - keep this up and you'll have one of the most valuable Linux help sites out there!Chris.

chr1s - welcome aboard and glad you are finding the linux help to be friendly. It's a great place to be. Behold the power of the penguins

anyone know how to add Tux into the drivers seat of my avatar? B) been away from the forum for 2 days and i feel like its a lifetime! D***! hehe, sorry folks, busy putting in flooring in my igloo :D still, no complaints from my Linux experience. a lot smoother than i expected. as smooth as a penguin. :D

Prelude76Nice to see you back here on the forum.Do a bit of Gimp-ing around with your avatar, and it won´t be hard to get a penguin in there ! ( Or just standing next to the car. )B) Bruno

I have finally found a "home on the web". :D  Thanks for being the greatest bunch of guys and gals, from teachers to "Arctic Playbirds". :D
I was telling twistedcranium in a PM that this is really a virtual community in the making. something "they" were talking about years ago. For quite a while now, I got bored with surfing the web and became rather stagnant on the internet. Now, all I have to do is go through the various posts and follow the great links to everything I'm interested in.As far as Linux is concerned, I've been wanting to make this step for a long time. I have no problems with S**tcanning M$ all together, if I can make the penguin fly. :D I just have to figure how to get my online banking program to tux.I had a little shock last night. TwistedC says Pittsburgh as his local. I asked him exactly where, and we come from the same town. What are the chances of THAT!!

Guest ThunderRiver

Mm..I already have 17 gig of space reserved for another OS..I just got SuSe 8.2 Pro a few weeks ago, and I will give it a try sometime. and then my next target is once again Gentoo Linux..

I just un-pinned the thread, has been pinned long enough for you all to see !Just one more last thing: As it gets busier every day here on the forum, there is a risk that your question gets overlooked or not fully replied; do not hesitate to send a PM if you feel that your topic gets lost in the speed this forum is going.Have fun my friends !:ph34r: Bruno

Just a note from a newbie . I was referred to this forum by another member . Just after I installed RH9 on my computer and just as soon as I can I am going to dump windows , Like I just read from someone here in the forum ( My apologies to the person I am quoting the old grey matter gets kind of fuzzy sometimes) I really Like thwe looks of RH and I also have Suse which I just looked at and haven't done much with as yet .( first things first ) But anyhow I am getting away from the gist of this post . I really appreciate the welcome and the help I have recieved from the good people of this forum

I just un-pinned the thread, has been pinned long enough for you all to see !Just one more last thing: As it gets busier every day here on the forum, there is a risk that your question gets overlooked or not fully replied; do not hesitate to send a PM if you feel that your topic gets lost in the speed this forum is going.Have fun my friends !B) Bruno
It is not post that I am worried about getting lost in this forum.....but myself!! :ph34r: