Got a new phone

securitybreach

securitybreach

T-Mobile contacted me and told me that since I have paid my bill on time for the last two years, they would give me an upgrade to a new device even though I am on their no contract prepaid plan. I was reading that LG was about to release a new high-end, flagship device called the LG V10 and the specs were really awesome.

So I went to T-Mobile on Thursday and they told me that the device would not be released till Friday (the 30th) and they would call me when it arrived. I called the next morning and asked when their deliveries came and was told that the truck arrives be tween 12 and 3. So I called at 3 and the lady told me that they only received one of the phones in besides the display model. I told her I would be there in a minute to pick it up. I thought it was kind of odd that they only got one in but then again, the phone was just released.

The phone is large and very powerful (6 core cpu/4gb ram) with an insane camera and a fingerprint reader to unlock it. This phone literally just came out on Friday. It even has a secondary display at the top for notification, shortcuts, recent apps and 5 contacts that stays on even when the screen is locked and off. You can see it in the picture of the phone where it says Archlinux (can write anything of there) and also where it shows battery and day when the screen is turned off. Here are some specs and pictures:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Six Core Processor (quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57)

Display: 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi) Secondary: 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi) Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB on board with a microSD slot(up to 2TB)

Camera: Rear 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0 and a Front 5MP Dual Lens (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)

Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)

Size: 6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm

Weight: 192g

Network: LTE-A Cat. 6

Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0

2FlmMcM.jpg Ax7y9F7.jpg 92QOxzN.jpg

ZOH1iDJ.png 6VSah2u.png

Oh and it even has split screen so I can view two apps at once:

lQYpkax.png

On top of all this, LG is giving away an awesome promo package. I get a spare battery, a 200gb sd card and a charging cradle all for free.

Camera pic (not as clear due to rain and fog):

CJr7av3.jpg

• Like 3

securitybreach

Well T-Mobile offered me financing so I jumped on the deal. I would of gotten the Nexus 6p if I could of afforded it but this device actually has better hardware and screen so I came out on top.

securitybreach

"a 200gb sd card" blimey you could film a whole movie with that :look:

Yup, the promo has been approved and the current status is "AWAITING_SHIP"

• 3 weeks later...
securitybreach

Well I got my LG promo yesterday:

3mwynzC.jpg

xpJ3E7W.png

I do not know what I am going to do with 234.79gb of storage (64gb onboard with 200gb sdcard minus the formatting and system partition)...

seems to me you can archive the entire scotsnewsletter site :devil:

just found out last week why most contracts are for 2 years. Its due to the battery. Most batteries in smartphones go into rapid decline after 400 recharges. Since batteries are also often not replaceable, may as well coordinate.

Hope you enjoy.

securitybreach

seems to me you can archive the entire scotsnewsletter site :devil:

just found out last week why most contracts are for 2 years. Its due to the battery. Most batteries in smartphones go into rapid decline after 400 recharges. Since batteries are also often not replaceable, may as well coordinate.

Hope you enjoy.

That used to be true somewhat but most batteries made in the last few years have overcharge protection that prevent them from losing their capacity. For instance, my Nexus and my Nexus 7 (both from 2012) batteries hold a charge the same now as when I got them. I usually get high end devices and use them for a few years or until I can get a better one.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great!

I'm a big fan of LG, love my G3 and won't be changing any time soon. Also have LG 4K monitor, old 19" monitor, DVD drives and my housemate has LG 52" TV in the loungeroom.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Looks great!

I'm a big fan of LG, love my G3 and won't be changing any time soon. Also have LG 4K monitor, old 19" monitor, DVD drives and my housemate has LG 52" TV in the loungeroom.

Nice :thumbup: