Firefox 1.0 error message

rpiz

Although Firefox 1.0 worked fine in the past, all of a sudden I cannotaccess Hotmail.com without getting an error. I get the login dialog, thenenter my name and password, afterward hitting enter only to receive the network error, ' unable to read URL from host by 101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com:Not in GZIP format'. Can someone help find a solution to thiserror. Now this doesn't occur when I enter Hotmail via Opera or another browser. So it seems to be focused in Firefox for some unknown reason?Thanks :D

This is small consolation but someone else had the same error trying to access MSNBChttp://www.discourse.net/archives/2004/04/...y_at_msnbc.htmlAll I can suggest is that something got corrupted in your FF install. Create another user account and see if that one works okay. If so, delete the profile of the account that doesn't work and then rename the new account to the old name.

Liz..Hi. This is strange because Firefox works perfectly except for thisspecific problem with Hotmail. And I have accessed Hotmail withFirefox 1.0 for a couple weeks without a problem. So if the profilewas at fault, it would have affected my access to Hotmail in the past?I can access other email accounts and the net without a single issue;other than this problem with Hotmail? :">

Some additional information that may help diagnose and resolve theproblem. At the same time that I began to have this problem Microsoftchanged their 'Hotmail' introductory page. Perhaps this rewrite of thecode for the introductory page caused the problem; and maybe someonecan determine just where the fix might be?Thanks ;)

Liz...Yes, I believe it began around Dec. 20 and continues regardless of mymany attempts. Hotmail also does work in Opera browser to the extentthat when I attempt to delete the junk mail I receive a dialog screen withtwo choices 'yes' or 'no'.; but regardless of which one I choose, nothinghappens. Looks like the change to 'TrendMicro' by Microsoft in regard toHotmail is not working out. I hope something is done soon, and I canrecover use of Hotmail. If not any suggestions on a good email client? :D

Further, I find that the only browser that works after the recent changesmade by Microsoft to their 'Hotmail' email client, is Microsoft Internet Explorer?Isn't that funny, given the progress made by 'Firefox' browser? I hope someone stumbles upon a solution very soon, so that I can avoid usingInternet Explorer browser.Thnx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi;Just getting back with additional information on this 'Hotmail' issue in Firefox.I continued to try using Firefox to access my mail in 'Hotmail' and all of a suddenit now works. I can only assume that the word must have gotten back to Microsoftand they made changes. I did nothing in the interim to affect this change so itmust be as stated above. :unsure: