Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:48 AM

MX-18 Continuum Now Available

Posted Image
Submitted by dolphin_oracle on Thu, 12/20/2018 - 05:20

MX-18 Continuum Official Release
December 20, 2018
--direct download:
https://sourceforge.... ... inal/MX18/
mirror sites (these may take some time to populate)
https://mxlinux.org/...ownload-mirrors
torrents:
32 bit Linuxtracker
64 bit Linuxtracker
We are pleased to offer MX-18 Continuum.

:good2:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,652 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

Cool. I will have to check it out via VM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:07 PM

More of the lovingly created community distro. This release has been getting some rave reviews, "Best distro ever" etc. It still amazes me that this distro developed by a small team of volunteers with no corporate backing has such snowballing popularity - no.1 on Distrowatch for this week! It deserves it though, if any distro "just works", this is the one. The support in the forums is unrivalled and also friendly and courteous.
It's still my no.2 distro after siduction as I much prefer KDE Plasma 5 to Xfce but it will always be installed on my systems.
Nice work MX team! :thumbsup: B)
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,652 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

View Postsunrat, on 22 December 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

It still amazes me that this distro developed by a small team of volunteers with no corporate backing has such snowballing popularity - no.1 on Distrowatch for this week!

It's nice but Distrowatch ratings mean very little as all they are counting is the page hits on Distrowatch. The ratings have nothing to do with the amount of users or the overall popularity outside of the website.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#5 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

Certainly Distrowatch downloads are an inaccurate way of judging popularity and there are several posts on MX forums stating that, but there's always someone posting and getting excited about the latest ranking. It must be somewhat popular to show as no.1.
There have been ~6,000 downloads from Sourceforge and Linux Tracker in the first couple of days, and it's also hosted elsewhere such as archive.org which doesn't display download count to users although it's a popular source for MX downloads.

https://archive.org/details/MX18X64
https://archive.org/details/MX18386
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#6 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

I have updated from 17.1 to 18 in the old laptop I have and it looks OK so far. I had to install the latest kernel and MX-18 artwork manually, plus tweak lightDM.
MX Linux is a fine distro for aging hardware and is easy to use. They do a great job with Xfce.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   saturnian

saturnian

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

Looks very nice. I've been playing around with a live session, running it from a flash drive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mx, mx-18, debian, linux, distro, begginer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users