Silicon Valley slang

ibe98765

PEBCAKStands for "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard". Acronym slang for idiot operator errors used by tech support people trying to make it sound sophisticated to the user-- Mark Ward
:blink: have to remember that one

Guest LilBambi
Scarecrow Technology A hyped-up piece of technology that when examined and used, has no uniqueness nor value other than image. Example: "That so called secret object-oriented technology was only a bunch of database requests inside a button click and ended up being Scarecrow Technology during the buyout talks." -- Christina Freymarc
Gotta love this one! :blink:

PEBCAKStands for "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard". Acronym slang for idiot operator errors used by tech support people trying to make it sound sophisticated to the user-- Mark Ward
:unsure: have to remember that one
I've always preferred PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer ;) Although PEBCAK does sound more "sophisticated" :o

I-d-10-t error (Otherwise known as the idiot error) When a 'puter illiterate whines that something isn't working because either A) It's not plugged in. or :unsure: it's not "Exactly" the way it looked yesterday.-- dan@catamaran.netwave.net
I had one of those earlier in the week. I had moved a user's files, last week, from My Documents on her desktop to a folder in her network drive in order to switch out her PC for a new one. She decided she wanted to just leave them there. Then, I got a call that she couldn't find a file she had previously had on her old PC. I thought I'd copied everything, but went to see. She called up the Open dialogue box, and said "See? It's not there." I went to the slider under the listing, clicked over, and there was her file. "It wasn't that way before." Well, that's because there were already items in the folder where I moved the files, and so there are more total files, pushing that file off the initial view. That was the whole problem.

Screen-Saver FaceThe look one gets when they have been bored to the point of just shutting off their brain.-- Jim Van Dyke I've seen that one when I'm trying to explain things like computer security to folks! ;)