QuickTime and iTunes

Specmon

Seems there is a tempest in a teacup brewing :hysterical: about the latest version of QuickTime coming bundled with iTunes.If this is causing you to grind your teeth at night, :hysterical: be aware that there is a poorly publicized link to the new version in a standalone form.Yes, I'm here to show you the way: QuickTime, just QuickTimeHope that helps. :D

Since July iTunes 6.x has come bundled with QuickTime 7. I guess Apple is trying force you to get both even if you only want one and not the other. The bundling of iTunes into QuickTime must be recent, though. I tend to install both so having iTunes install QuickTime for me saved me one less step in an unattended installation.

That's just like why I have refused to do my updates for Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader as they bundle the yahoo toolbar in with it (I think that is the new feature :w00t: ). I don't want to install it and then have to try to uninstall a toolbar I do not want.

That's just like why I have refused to do my updates for Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader as they bundle the yahoo toolbar in with it (I think that is the new feature :'( ). I don't want to install it and then have to try to uninstall a toolbar I do not want.
Julia, if you're talking about version 7, you can install it w/out the Yahoo toolbar. They have a small little checkbox on the bottom of the page before proceeding - rather inconspicious - but it's there.
Who ever needed QT anyway? :D :w00t:
The millions of iPod users who rip their CDs and various music collections onto their iPod - that's who.I'm not a huge fan of Quicktime, but atleast it's not a resource hog like WMP. Edited by Tushman