How to lock-in your free WIN10 upgrade and keep using your old WIN ver

mac

• 2 months later...

Bit the bullet yesterday after updating and installing current drivers on my 2 year old WIN7 64Bit Pro install. And, making a Macrium Reflect image of the O/S SSD to an empty HDD on the PC, and to a USB connected HDD. Us retirees gotta look for bargains, and free is a pretty good bargain.

I did the online upgrade while WIN7 was active. Didn't pay attention to it once it got started as I was outside monitoring our BBQ dinner. One program was removed - Alcohol 123, so I'll check their website over the weekend to see if they have a WIN10 version. Had to reinstall the driver for my Brother networked laser printer, which then worked perfectly. Installed Classic Shell to get back the WIN7 start menu. Everything else that I've checked seems to work O.K.

So far so good. It does seem to be a little snapier performance-wise. We shall see...

Guest LilBambi

Windows 10 has much better compatibility with hardware generally than Windows 7; and it doesn't freak out if you have your computer on when you change out routers LOL!