Photo

regarding servers

23 Aug 2019

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
I'm having a hard time understanding servers.  From what I read, a server is a computer that serves information to other computers.  What I don't understand is the reason for having a web server or music server or a mail server when wouldn't having just one device called a "server" be able to do your multi-media and web, mail etc.... :'( :hmm:

signed,
confused.

234 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by wa4chq )

Photo

Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC Optional Updates Released

23 Aug 2019

Posted by Corrine in Security & Networking
Adobe has released optional updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader addressing specific functionality issues.

Reader DC and Acrobat DC were updated to version 2019.012.20040.

Edit Note:  Because it's not a security fix, the download is NOT available at the usual locations... rather, the hotfix installer is at 19.012.20040 Optional update, August 22, 2019 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Note: UNcheck any pre-checked additional options presented with the update. They are not part of the software update and are completely optional.

Release Notes

197 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Microsoft Edge Beta Released

20 Aug 2019

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Work has continued regularly since Microsoft announced adopting the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge.  There are daily "canary" builds as well as weekly Dev builds.  Testing was opened to Mac as well as Windows 7.  Announced today is the release of the first Beta version which will be updated every six weeks:  Microsoft Edge Insider.

385 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 100 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Hedon James

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS