Travels with Linux

raymac46

Jewel1.jpg

Just got back from a trans-Atlantic cruise to Rome from Miami along with our daughter and her family.

I took along my ancient Thinkpad with Debian Stretch and it worked fine. Quoting 10-year-old grandson - "Grandpa, your computer looks really old." :harhar:

The latest Private Internet Access client for Linux is really great. I used PIA in hotels in Miami and Rome and felt secure.

Internet at sea still sucks but it seems marginally faster than last time. Good enough for email at least.

After a 21 hour travel day on Tuesday we are home. I'm getting too old for this though.

• Like 3

securitybreach

The latest Private Internet Access client for Linux is really great. I used PIA in hotels in Miami and Rome and felt secure.

I think the opposite.. I use the client on one of my laptops and I found the newer client to be very unstable. I changed over to using Network Manager with the config file and it works great.

On most of my machines, I simply use openvpn with the PIA config file.

I use the client on one of my laptops and I found the newer client to be very unstable

I haven't had the slightest problem with it so far. All I need to do is click a big power button and I'm in business.

Too old or not, I'll bet it was FUN!

Yes the kids especially enjoyed this one. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. My 8 year old granddaughter is a rock climbing wizard.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Too old or not, I'll bet it was FUN!

Yes the kids especially enjoyed this one. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. My 8 year old granddaughter is a rock climbing wizard.

For some reason, my eyes glanced at your reply and read it as "80 year old grandfather is a rock climbing wizard'. :hysterical:

• Like 2

securitybreach

Not true. My grandfather would be 144 this year. I bet that is a bit too old for rock climbing. At least in this life.

Right..