Happy Halloween to ALL!

V.T. Eric Layton

It was supposed to be a nice, warmish night here. Since it's also Friday, I thought the combination would bring out a lot of kids, so bought extra candy. Oops--very low turnout. I should have given it out by the handful to the few who did come.

Edited by ebrke

V.T. Eric Layton

I was surprised by the number of little demons and the like who trapsed down my block tonight. I haven't seen that much activity in this neighborhood on Halloween in a long time. It was nice to see all the little kiddies out there screaming and screeching and having fun.

I was surprised by the number of little demons and the like who trapsed down my block tonight. I haven't seen that much activity in this neighborhood on Halloween in a long time. It was nice to see all the little kiddies out there screaming and screeching and having fun.

Once up on a time there were certain times of the year you looked forward to, Easter, Bonfire Night, Christmas, the Circus coming to town, etc . You looked forward to them if you were poor or working hard as you may not be able to afford the theatre, cinema and such like. There was no INTERNET. You had to wait for a film to appear on the tv that is if you could afford one.You had to make a special effort to listen to a radio series as there were no repeats.So you learnt to appreciate all these different entertainments as they usually only came around once.

Now you can get everything you want at any time so nothing is special any more. An there is a generation out there stuck screen watching all of the time. They would rather sit and stare at a screen waiting for a tweet or whatever, about the colour of someone's nickers or socks than get out and live a life.

Posted by a skint sad old git who is planning a bank job so he can buy some fireworks for Nov 5th. Anyone got directions to The Houses of Parliment ? :devil: :pirate: :devil:

• Like 1

Cluttermagnet

Betty had me do most of the greeting and treating at her front door this year.

I guess I did OK. It was a slower Halloween than in past years, with fewer

kids and a much narrower time window, too. Started about 7:30PM, pretty

much over around 8:30. It stayed dry in my area, also not very chilly. The

kids got lucky. I heard it snowed to the south, especially in the mountains.

Brought in the one plant we intend to try to save from winter frost- a

pretty good size Rex Begonia which is still making flowers as of today.

Between that and a pretty Croton, it livens up the dining room next to the

SW window in that room. Now if I can just remember to keep them watered

often enough...

V.T. Eric Layton

Posted by a skint sad old git who is planning a bank job so he can buy some fireworks for Nov 5th. Anyone got directions to The Houses of Parliment ? :devil: :pirate: :devil:

You do realize that BTInternet and MI5 are now cooperating fully in regards to monitoring/recording all your online activities. You are obviously some sort of troublemaker. ;)

You do realize that BTInternet and MI5 are now cooperating fully in regards to monitoring/recording all your online activities. You are obviously some sort of troublemaker. ;)

I must have good clearance then as my MP has sent me details of a vacancy on his support team after I sent him my CV and a speculative asking letter. :zorro:

Mind you I already knew I was squeaky clean as I could get into RAF bases when they were on RED ALERT during the Falklands tiff. :Laughing: Makes me laugh just thinking about it :Laughing: