List of Conky Resources

ichase

I decided to post a seperate thread to provide some great resources on Conky instead of going off subject in another thread. I hope many of you that may decide to dive into using conky or already do, that these resorces are helpful and provide you with a creative jolt.

I have been seriously messing with conky for a little over a month now (dabbled here and there before that)and it never ceases to amaze me at how powerful a tool this has morphed into. The more you do and the more you see what can be done the more you want to start messing with those config files to achieve a new look or produce additional information. Face it, we are geeks. We LOVE additional information!!!!!! :thumbup:

Ubuntu Conky Thread This is the mother of all conky threads as it made page 1888 yesterday

Crunch Bang Linux Conky thread This thread is no longer active as they went to a monthly conky thread but there is over 100 pages of conkys and scripts on this thread. Go to Tips, Tricks & Scripts to see the monthly thread.

Arch Linux Conky Thread - This is not real active but another good source of ideas

If you are interested in weather:

Ubuntu Conky Weather - TeoBigusGeekus has put together some awesome scripts to capture weather from Accuweather, Wunderground and NWS.

#! Conky Weather - MrPeachy started a spin off thread on Wednesday dedicated to weather in conky. MrP is the master of Lau scripting. Once you see what this man has done with Conky/Lau/Cairo you will be blown away. THIS is BRILLIANT. Check out his newest creation with thermometers and gauges. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Some other great conky resources:

MrPeachy's Blog

Conky Pitstop

Conky Object Variables - This is the stuff BELOW the TEXT portion of your .conkyrc

Conky Config settings - This is the stuff ABOVE the TEXT portion of your .conkyrc

Have fun, I look forward to seeing your creations. ;)

All the best,

Ian

Edited by ichase

Excellent Neil, I meant to add that page, actually thought I did. Great Catch!!!!! Like I said, hope to see some great creations come out. I know Eric has made comments about trying out Conky. I'm waiting for the ultimate Slack Conky!!!! :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm too busy reading good books right now. Maybe play with conky once the dark, cold winter nights get here. Oh, wait... I'm in Florida. ;)

securitybreach
I'm too busy reading good books right now. Maybe play with conky once the dark, cold winter nights get here. Oh, wait... I'm in Florida. ;)

Hey it gets cold in Florida. I was in Daytona Beach for 12 years and with that coastal wind, it gets really cold some years. :P

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... it does get cold here in the depth of winter, but it's not long-lasting. There might be two or three consecutive days of cold, then a warm-up for a couple days, then another cold front moves in. It ain't Minnesota. Let's put it that way. I can do shorts, Ts, and flip-flops sometimes all the way till Christmas. Actually, today I'm wearing cutoff jeans, a Scooby-Do T-shirt, and flip-flops. It's 83F at 1350hrs. Brrrrrr! ;)

There might be two or three consecutive days of cold

Imagine the conky a person of your linux expertise could conger up in two or three days. :drooling:

Ahhhhhh, and once again our dear Eric takes the "humble" approach. :hysterical: You and Josh are cut from the same cloth that way. So with all that you have done for me to get me to the point I am at now. I will toot your horns for you. :thumbup:

Loving this thread. :thumbsup:

That pen apart from the colour is the very same one we had made to promote out business way back in the early 90's. Outs was red with Dragon Defence Training in gold lettering. :D

V.T. Eric Layton
Ahhhhhh, and once again our dear Eric takes the "humble" approach. :hysterical: You and Josh are cut from the same cloth that way.

I don't know about Josh, but for me, it's all done with smoke and mirrors.

Not_So_Great_Magician_Mishap_by_Kinnison

How ever you do it, it seems to be working well for both of you. ;) Alrighty, let's see some conky creations!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the rough draft of the basic conky config template I have been working on for a few weeks now. It has a lot of notes to explain different sections of the conky config file.

Conky Config Template would have used pastebin but for some reason it's not working from my desk here at work. And like I said, it's a rough draft and a work in progress so be gentle. :D :hysterical:

#######################################
#        Conky by ichase              #
## This is a basic conky that displays computer information such as CPU usage, MEM usage etc.  
## a basic date can be added but I really like the python script Sector11 put together.
## Find the code here: http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/15318/october-2011-conky-thread/page/9/

## Go to: http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html for the full list of conky setting commands (Stuff above the TEXT area)

## This is just an example as the config file can be changed to what ever you want to see.  This is just a basic template to work from

#           Conky Settings            #

background no
no_buffers yes
out_to_console no
top_cpu_separate no  ## If true, cpu in top will show usage of one processor's power. If false, cpu in top will show the usage of all processors' power combined.
cpu_avg_samples 2  ## The number of samples to average for CPU monitoring. 
net_avg_samples 3  ## The number of samples to average for net data 
total_run_times 0  ## Total number of times for Conky to update before quitting. Zero makes Conky run forever 
update_interval 1  ## In seconds.  How often do you want Conky to update

#        Settings for Text            #

uppercase no  ## yes here makes all text uppercase
override_utf8_locale yes
short_units no
pad_percents 0
text_buffer_size 4096 ## Can not be less then the default value of 256 bytes
max_user_text 65536  ## default is 16384 bytes
use_xft yes
xftalpha 0.5  ## Must be a value at or between 1 and 0
xftfont HanelGotD:size=9  ## This is the default font used throughout the TEXT area unless you specify a particular font

#  Settings for the display window    #

own_window yes
own_window_colour grey  ## If own transparentcy is set to "no" then you can set the background color here
own_window_argb_value 50 ## 0 is 0% opacity, 255 is 100% opacity (lower the number, more transparent)
own_window_transparent no
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_type normal
own_window_title My Conky  ## If own window "yes" this gives your conky a title.  Name it what ever you want.  Eric's Conky for example

#      Settings for Graphics          #

double_buffer yes ##Helps to eliminate flicker
draw_borders no  ## no if you don't want borders around text, yes if you do
draw_graph_borders yes ## no if you don't want borders around graphs, yes if you do
draw_shades no
draw_outline no
max_specials 4096 ## Maximum number of special things, e.g. fonts, offsets, aligns, etc. (default is 512) 
imlib_cache_size 0 ## this is the memory cache for drawing pngs and gifs in conky, Set to 0 to disable the image cache

# How Conky is laid out on the screen #

#alignment top_right
alignment top_left
#alignment bottom_right
#alignment bottom_left
gap_x 15 ## Gap, in pixels, between right or left border of screen (best used when running multiple conkys)
gap_y 15 ## Gap, in pixels, between top or bottom border of screen
maximum_width 360 ## Bigger the width, the wider the conky
minimum_size 360 250  ##  minumum size of window conky will be displayed in  X x Y
use_spacer right  ## Adds spaces around certain objects to stop them from moving other things around. Arguments are left, right, and none (default). 

#     Colors to be called to          #

###########################################################
# Note:  Add what ever color suits you.  It does not need                            #
# to be these.  They are just examples                      #
###########################################################

default_color 86B5EB          #Light greyish blue Default
default_outline_color ffffff  #White Outlines
default_shade_color c0c0c0    #Silver Shade
color1 ff0000    #red            404040 DarkGrey
color2 ffff00    #Yellow         B8860B DarkGoldenRod
color3 ffffff    #White          008080 Teal
color4 808080    #Grey           86B5EB Light Greyish Blue
color5 008000    #Green          EBBC86 Beige Goes well with default color
color6 c0c0c0    #Silver
color7 ffd700    #Gold
color8 000080    #Navy
color9 0000FF    #Blue
color10 404040    #DarkGrey
color11 B8860B  #DarkGoldenRod
color12 008080  #Teal
color13 86B5EB  #Light greyish blue
color14 EBBC86  #Biege goes well with default color

#   Use when loading Lua Scripts      #

#lua_load /home/username/Scripts/name_of_lua_script.lua
#lua_draw_hook_pre draw_pos
#lua_draw_hook_post draw_neg

#      Some cool fonts to use         #

#-----Google Search Or DaFont.com to Find Them
#-----Diamond Fantasy  ## Google this font, not on dafont.com
#-----TransponderAOE
#-----RadioSpace
#-----ConkyWeather ##Weather symbols
#-----OpenLogos
#-----StyleBats
#-----Poky  ## To get the poky font just head over to gnome-look.org and download conky-colours. This font is not found on dafont.com
#-----Weather ## additional weather symbols
#-----DigiTalk  ## Great for adding the "digital clock" look to your time.  Get it here: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/DigiTalk-mono+%5Bdigital+clock+font%5D?content=132902
#-----Abode
#-----Abusive Pencil
#-----PizzaDude Bullets
#-----Space Ship Bullet
#-----CropBats

## Using {font} or {color} will display default font and color. A number next to color for example color2 will display the color set in the color section above.
## Which in this config file color2 = Yellow.

## Go to: http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html for a full list of conky variables (Stuff in the TEXT area)

## If calling to python scripts, call to it by: ${execp python ~/folder where script is located/name of python script.py}

TEXT  ##  This is where the real magic begins
###################################
#      Arch Linux Logo            #
${font OpenLogos:size=120}B${font}
#      TIME AND DATE              #
${hr 2}${font}${color}${alignc}DATE ${hr 5}
${execp python /home/ichase/Scripts/conkycal.py}${voffset -33}

${hr 2}${font RadioSpace Italic:bold:size=8}${alignc}${color}TIME ${hr 2}
${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 2}${time %l:%M%p }${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 2}${time %l:%M%p}${endif}
#        SYSTEM INFO              #
${hr 2}${font RadioSpace Italic:bold:size=8}${alignc}${color1}SYSTEM INFO ${hr 5}
${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color1}A${font}${color3}KERNEL: ${offset 5}     
${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}A${font}${color3}${offset 5}Processor: ${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}
${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}o${font}${color3}File System: ${offset 5}    
${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}q${font}${color3}${offset 5}Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
#   HDD SPACE ON EACH PARTITION   #
${hr 2}${font RadioSpace Italic:bold:size=8}${alignc}${color}HDD SPACE ${hr 5}
${voffset 2}${font Poky:size=10}${color2}y${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
${color7}${fs_bar /}
${voffset 1}${font Poky:size=10}${color2}y${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
${color7}${fs_bar /home}
${voffset 1}${font Poky:size=10}${color2}y${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}MUSIC${goto 95}${fs_used /media/music}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/music}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /media/music}%
${color7}${fs_bar /media/music}
${voffset 1}${font Poky:size=10}${color2}y${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}DATA${goto 95}${fs_used /media/data}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/data}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /media/data}%
${color7}${fs_bar /media/data}
#      TOP 5 CPU PROCESSES        #
${hr 2}${font RadioSpace Italic:bold:size=8}${alignc}${color}TOP CPU PROCESES ${hr 5}
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top name 1}${goto 115}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 1}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top name 2}${goto 115}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 2}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top name 3}${goto 115}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 3}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top name 4}${goto 115}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 4}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top name 5}${goto 115}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 5}%
#       TOP 4 MEM PROCESSES       #
${hr 2}${font RadioSpace Italic:bold:size=8}${alignc}${color}TOP MEM PROCESES ${hr 5}
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h ${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
##################################################################
#    LAPTOP BATTERY INFO **Normal is BAT0 but could be BAT1      #
##################################################################
${font Radio Space:bold:size=12}${color}BATTERY ${hr 5}
${voffset 2}${font Poky:size=10}${color1}s ${font}Percent Remaining${alignr}${font}${color}${battery_percent BAT1}%
#####################################################################
#        NETWORK INFO ***THIS COVERS A WIRELESS NETWORK             #
#####################################################################
${font Radio Space:bold:size=12}${color}NETWORK ${hr 5}${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan1}
${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${color1}O ${voffset -3}${font}Up: ${upspeed wlan1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${color1}U ${voffset -3}${font}Down: ${downspeed wlan1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${color1}M ${voffset -3}${font}Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan1}
${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${color1}S ${voffset -3}${font}Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan1}
${voffset 2}${font Poky:size=10}${color1}i${voffset -3}${font}Signal: ${alignr}${wireless_link_qual wlan1}%${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}

Edited by ichase

securitybreach
Just made a few edits to the code. Funny how when you see it posted the errors pop right out at you wink.gif

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean hysterical.gif

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this old Conky thread because I used some of the sources listed to make this marvelous creation. I had some real issues with integrating with KDE 4.10, some of the older advice just doesn't apply. The only help I found was at the Gentoo forums, and you know you're in it deep when the only place you can find answers is Gentoo. Then there was systemd to think about. Lennart Poettering uses Conky and there was help available. Still don't know if I did it right, but it seems OK. We'll see as systemd continues to mature and we all start to get more comfortable with it.

conky1.png

Blurred out my IP at the request of the local conspiracy theorist. Thanks Josh!

The Conky is beautiful, and I cleaned up the .conkyrc code quite a bit. It gets to be a mess in there when you start with a cut and paste from a quidzillion conky's you find online. It is fully transparent, integrated into KDE, shows on all virtual desktops, automatically switches the IP address between wired and wireless depending on what is active (I did that all by myself without even a recipe to follow, pat, pat, pat :th_0099: ), and starts/stops when systemd tells it to.

The rest of the desktop could use some love next.

• Like 1

Nice Ameditman!! I thought about resurecting this thread and glad you did. I have not seen where systemd has had any impact on how conky runs. I have not run conky in KDE, have always ran it in OpenBox. What issues were you having that you were not able to find a sollution for outside the Gentoo forums?

Mine is constantly evolving but overall it keeps the same info:

a1fb21245414093.jpg

I will post the .conkyrc tonight when I get home. :thumbup: Overall it's pretty much the same as I posted back in 2011. A few tweaks here and there.

Edited by ichase
  • Like 1

I have not seen where systemd has had any impact on how conky runs. I have not run conky in KDE, have always ran it in OpenBox. What issues were you having that you were not able to find a sollution for outside the Gentoo forums?

Mine is constantly evolving but overall it keeps the same info.....A few tweaks here and there.

Maybe I was over thinking the systemd thing, I have noticed a jump in xsessions-errors since I tried to set up systemd to run Conky. I'll keep you informed if I find anything concrete.

The problems that I found answers on Gentoo forums were:

1- Full transparancy - everywhere I looked the information did not apply to the latest Conky, KDE 4.10, or systemd. Like I said, I might have been making it more complicated than I should have.

2 - Getting it to present Conky on all virtual desktops, fully transparent, and behind any windows, active or not.

Mine is evolving at a tremendous rate. I've already changed it a bunch.

@amenditman - could you post your conkyrc? It will be of interest to anyone with KDE 4.10, and I'd like to compare it with my one from 4.8.

Looks good btw.

My .conkyrc. It's a bit messy. I need to clean it up a tad. ;)

background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Sans:size=8
xftalpha 1
update_interval 1.0
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type normal #desktop
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 300 200
maximum_width 600
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
default_color white
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color white
alignment top_right
gap_x 15
gap_y 5
no_buffers yes
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
override_utf8_locale yes

#default_color 86b5ea
default_color red
#default_color firebrick
#default_color green
#default_color blue
#default_color deeppink
#default_color yellow
#default_color darkslateblue
#default_color darkviolet
color1 white
default_shade_color 7a999c
default_outline_color green

TEXT
${color}${font Radio Space:bold:size=10:}SYSTEM${hr 2}
${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
Host:$alignr$nodename
Uptime:$alignr$uptime
File System: $alignr${fs_type}

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}PROCESSORS ${hr 2}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}
${color1}Intel Core i5  $alignr $freq MHz
${color1} AVG: ${cpu cpu0}% ${color}${cpubar cpu0}
${color1}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${color}${cpubar cpu1}
${color1}CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${color}${cpubar cpu2}
${color1}CPU3: ${cpu cpu3}% ${color}${cpubar cpu3}
${color1}CPU4: ${cpu cpu4}% ${color}${cpubar cpu4}

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}TEMPS ${hr 2}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}
${color1}CORE 1: ${alignr}${color red}${exec sensors -f | grep "Core 0" | cut -c8-24}
${color1}CORE 2: ${alignr}${color red}${exec sensors -f | grep "Core 2" | cut -c8-24}

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}BATTERY ${hr 2}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}
${color1}ACPI Battery: ${color}${battery_short}   ${battery_bar 11,0}
${color1}Remaining Time: ${color1}$battery_time

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}MEMORY ${hr 2}
${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}RAM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
${color}$membar

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}DISK SPACE ${hr 2}
${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr${fs_used_perc /}%
${color}${fs_bar /}
${if_existing /mnt/server}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}Server $alignc ${fs_used /mnt/server} / ${fs_size /mnt/server} $alignr${fs_used_perc /mnt/server}% ${endif}
${if_existing /mnt/server}${color}${fs_bar /mnt/server}${endif}
${if_existing /mnt/windows}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}USB Flashdrive $alignc ${fs_used /mnt/usb} / ${fs_size /mnt/usb} $alignr${fs_used_perc /mnt/usb}% ${endif}
${if_existing /mnt/usb}${color}${fs_bar /mnt/usb}${endif}
${if_existing /mnt/External}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}External $alignc ${fs_used /mnt/External} / ${fs_size /mnt/External}$alignr${fs_used_perc /mnt/mint}% ${endif}
${if_existing /mnt/External}${color}${fs_bar /mnt/External}${endif}

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}TOP PROCESSES ${hr 2}
${color red}${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color red}${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top mem 1} %
${color1}${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top mem 2} %
${color1}$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 3} %
${color1}$font${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top mem 4} %
${color1}$font${top_mem name 5}${alignr}${top mem 5} %

${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color}NETWORK ${hr 2}
${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color1}IP address: $alignr ${addr wlan0}
ESSID: $alignr ${wireless_essid wlan0}
Connection Quality: $alignr ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%
${color}${hr 2}
#${font Radio Space:bold:size=10}${color1}CURRENT WEATHER ${hr 2}
#${color1}${execi 300 /home/ichase02/weather.sh 23454}
#$alignr Download
#${color}${downspeedgraph wlan0}
#${color}${downspeed wlan0}/s $alignr ${totaldown wlan0}

#${color1}$alignr Upload
#${color}${upspeedgraph wlan0}
#${color}${upspeed wlan0}/s $alignr ${totalup wlan0}

@amenditman - could you post your conkyrc? It will be of interest to anyone with KDE 4.10, and I'd like to compare it with my one from 4.8.

Looks good btw.

Here's my new, improved conky panel.

conky.png

.conkyrc

# .conkyrc - for ArchLinux with KDE 4.10
# --- Layout & Options --- #
## Do not close
total_run_times 0
## To relax the flicking
double_buffer yes
## Enable temp memory
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 256
## Refresh rate
update_interval 3
## Number of samples
cpu_avg_samples 3
net_avg_samples 3
## Position and size
alignment top_right
maximum_width 235
## Position of the Conky from origin 0 0
gap_x 15
## Enable shadow (text)
draw_shades no
## Enable outline (text)
draw_outline no
## Enable border around Conky
draw_borders no
## Enable background
background yes
## Own window properties
own_window yes
own_window_type normal
own_window_class conky
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated
own_window_argb_visual yes
## Enable nice police
use_xft yes
xftalpha 0.1
xftfont 123:size=8
#if_up_strictness address
#short_units yes
# --- Colours
default_color lightgray
color0 dodgerblue3
# --- Text --- #
font Source Sans Pro:size=8
uppercase no
draw_graph_borders no
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer none
# --- Body --- #
TEXT
${alignc 53}${font Source Sans Pro:size=30}${color}arch${color0}linux${font}
${font Source Sans Pro:size=12}${color0}${alignc}${execi 30 users | cut -c1-10}
$color${font Source Sans Pro:size=25}${alignr}${time %l:%M %P}
$color${font Source Sans Pro:size=14}${alignr}${time %A}, ${time %Y %B %d}
#SYSTEM
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}SYSTEM${hr 1}
$color${font}Uptime ${alignr} $uptime
$sysname $kernel
${color}KDE Version: $color${execi 99999 kde4-config --version | grep 'KDE' | tail --bytes=8}${alignr}${color}Arch $machine
#CPU
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}CPU${hr 1}
${color}$font${execi 99999 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" -m1 | cut -d":" -f2 | cut -d" " -f2- | sed 's#Processor ##'}
${color}${font}Core 0 ${color0}${execi 30 sensors | grep 'Core 0:' | cut -c18-19}°C ${color}@ ${cpu cpu1} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu1}
${color}${font}Core 1 ${color0}${execi 30 sensors | grep 'Core 1:' | cut -c18-19}°C ${color}@ ${cpu cpu2} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu2}
${color}${font}Core 2	 ${color}@ ${cpu cpu3} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu3}
${color}${font}Core 3	 ${color}@ ${cpu cpu4} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu4}
#PROCESSES
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}TOP${hr 1}
$font${color}Processes: $running_processes / $processes
${color0} NAME		 ${alignr} PID CPU MEM
${color}1. ${top name 1} ${alignr}${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
2. ${top name 2} ${alignr}${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
3. ${top name 3} ${alignr}${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
4. ${top name 4} ${alignr}${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4} ${top mem 4}
5. ${top name 5} ${alignr}${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5} ${top mem 5}
#MEMORY
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}MEMORY${hr 1}
$font${color}RAM		 $memmax ${alignc}${color0}${membar}
#DISK USAGE
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}DISKS${hr 1}
$font${color}Root	 ${fs_size /root}${alignc}${color0}${fs_bar}
$font${color}Home	 ${fs_size /home}${alignc}${color0}${fs_bar}
$font${color}Var		 ${fs_size /var}${alignc}${color0}${fs_bar}
$font${color}Data	 ${fs_size /DATA}${alignc}${color0}${fs_bar}
#IP ADDRESS
${font Source Sans Pro:size=10}${color0}IP ADDRESS${hr 1}
$color${font}External${alignr}${execi 5000 wget -O - http://ip.tupeux.com | tail}
$color${font}Internal${alignr}${execi 1000 /sbin/ifconfig | grep -Eo '[0-9]{1,3}(\.[0-9]{1,3}){3}' | sed '/^127/d' | sed '/^255/d' | sed '/255$/d'}
#

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Man! What is the masochistic thrill you guys get from configuring that medieval torture application? Gkrellm... even SuperKaramba is ever so much less painful to configure. :w00t:

Pssst... I will admit that Conky is pretty cool, though. I'm just way too lazy... er, I mean laid back to bother with trying to configure it from scratch.