First Impressions Ubuntu 12.04 X86-AMD64

mhbell

First Impressions Ubuntu 12.04 AMD 64

Screenshot1.jpg Ubuntu 12.04 was just released a few days ago so I downloaded the X86 AMD64 Version. What follows are my first impressions.

I downloaded the ISO took a long time even with Utorrent, Lots of people still downloading and the servers are busy. Got it downloaded and burned to a CD. Started the install and checked download updates while installing. It took 40 minutes to install (probably some of that was the time downloading to install updates)

The first thing I ran into after the install was Restricted driver was needed for my graphics card. No problem I thought, I just clicked on Activate the FGLRX (post release) driver. No Go that one did not work after 20 minutes of download time. Tried the other driver that was listed FGLRX and it installed. when I checked system Info it says my ATI Card is using Vesa 880 go figure. Will have to check that out later although the proprietary driver did improve the graphics.

TO READ THE REST HERE

Edited by mhbell