I need to figure out this CUPS issue once and for all

ichase

I have discussed the issue with printing within linux with cups before, normally before I have a chance to figure it out, life gets in the way or something else takes presedence. But now, I am ready to tackle this beast once and for all and I really need some help doing so because I have exhausted all my talents.

So, here we are, below is my cupsd.conf file from my server.

LogLevel warn
SystemGroup sys root
# Allow remote access
Port 631
Browsing On
BrowseLocalProtocols dnssd
DefaultEncryption Never
WebInterface Yes
<Location />
# Allow remote access...
Order allow,deny
Allow all
</Location>
<Location /admin>
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
AuthType Default
Require user @SYSTEM
</Location>
<Policy default>
JobPrivateAccess default
JobPrivateValues default
SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
SubscriptionPrivateValues default
<Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription C$
Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
AuthType Default
Require user @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs De$
AuthType Default
Require user @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit All>
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
</Policy>
<Policy authenticated>
JobPrivateAccess default
JobPrivateValues default
AuthType Default
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription C$
AuthType Default
Order deny,allow
<Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
AuthType Default
Require user @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs De$
AuthType Default
Require user @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
AuthType Default
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
</Policy>

I have gone through the CUPS Arch Wiki numerous times as well as this good site that breaks down the cupsd.conf: http://www.cups.org/...cupsd-conf.html

The error log in the cups web tool states:

W [04/Feb/2013:22:42:16 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
W [04/Feb/2013:22:42:16 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
W [04/Feb/2013:22:42:45 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
W [04/Feb/2013:22:42:45 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
W [05/Feb/2013:06:46:13 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
W [05/Feb/2013:06:46:13 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300
E [05/Feb/2013:06:57:42 +0000] Returning HTTP Forbidden for CUPS-Get-Devices (no URI) from localhost

Except for this nothing in the cups web tool is providing me any error.

Cups, avahi-daemon, and dbus are running just fine in systemd.

When I run system-config-printer I am able to connect to the printer but when I select troubleshoot I get:

The CUPS print spooler does not appear to be running, to correct this, choose System > Adminstration > Services from the main menu and look for the cups service

Though I am not sure of what path the speak unless this is under a gnome setup.

Printer is setup fine in SAMBA (which is now running on systemd) and printing from Windows is fine, but I can't wrap my brain around what I am doing wrong to prevent printing from Linux.

I have been spending the last 2 nights going through arch forum posts, ubuntu posts etc trying to figure this out on my own.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated as this has been an issue since I built the server and installed cups.

Let me know what additional information you require.

Ian

Edited by ichase

securitybreach

I do not remember cups being anywhere near this difficult when I was using a printer. All I did install cups, install the driver and set it up via the Cups Admin page. Of course, that was an HP printer so it may have been easier to setup.

I know this does not help any, was just thinking out loud.

Where did you get the print driver from?

Did you try out https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1164888#p1164888

and maybe not just a cups issue, as the case here http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/ssh-x-forwarding-was-working-now-broken-4175412790/#post4709219

Since a few reports are made at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/1053443 , would it be practical for you to try a previous version of CUPS?

securitybreach

I just installed it from the normal repos with pacman:

$ pacman -Ss hplip
extra/hplip 3.12.11-2
Drivers for HP DeskJet, OfficeJet, Photosmart, Business Inkjet and some LaserJet

I have never understood how to set up a printer in linux. I get lost every time I try. Why do I have to set up Cups via a web page ? All i want is to use my printer from my pc. Does using Cups mean I have to be internet conected to use the printer ?

Sorry for hijacking your thread ichase. :breakfast:

No worries abarbarian, good questions. From what I have read, if the printer is hooked up USB to the computer you are using it's a piece of cake. My printer is and HP Office 7310 hooked up USB to the headless server upsairs. I can print from any computer in the house that is using Windows because I have SAMBA set up properly. The web tool is for that reason. Being able to control the printer setup from another computer via port 631.I have the hplip driver installed.CRP Thanks for looking at the config file and sending the links. When I get home from work this evening I will take a closer look. When I run systemctl status cups.service I don't get any errors. I did originally get errors with 3 lines, I removed those lines as it seems from what I read those lines for for cups 1.2 and I am running 1.6.

Now here is a dumb question, does cups ALSO need to be set up on the client Linux machines?

Edited by ichase

securitybreach

I have never understood how to set up a printer in linux. I get lost every time I try. Why do I have to set up Cups via a web page ? All i want is to use my printer from my pc. Does using Cups mean I have to be internet conected to use the printer ?

Sorry for hijacking your thread ichase. :breakfast:

No, the configuration page is only a local page: http://localhost:631

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS#Web_interface_and_tool-kit

I think this is so you can easily setup networked printers and other printer functions using machines over the network but it probably has another function as well.

securitybreach
Now here is a dumb question, does cups ALSO need to be set up on the client Linux machines?

Perhaps:

Installing the client package

The package libcups is the only required package. Install it from the Official repositories.

Then add your CUPS server's IP address or hostname into /etc/cups/client.conf. That is all you need. Every application should quickly find the printer(s) shared by that CUPS server.

https://wiki.archlin..._client_package

In your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file on the computer that has the printer hooked up to it, look for "BrowseAddress" and add a line that includes @LOCAL (BrowseAddress @LOCAL).

From the file:

# BrowseAddress: specifies a broadcast address to be used. By
# default browsing information is not sent!

This will enable your other computers on the network that also have cups installed to see the printer without having to set anything else up.

http://forums.gentoo...37e8349a0fa26ee

Well than I am good to go there. I have libcups installed and I have client.conf already set up properly.

I had BrowseAddress @LOCAL in with my cupsd.conf but systemd was saying that it was Unknown so I removed it. Putting it back does not do anything for getting the printer working.

[/size][/font]Feb 08 18:35:21 homeserver cupsd[1396]: Unknown directive BrowseAddress on line 7.

Restarted cups.service on the server and get the following in the error log:

E [05/Feb/2013:06:57:42 +0000] Returning HTTP Forbidden for CUPS-Get-Devices (no URI) from localhost

W [08/Feb/2013:18:35:18 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300

W [08/Feb/2013:18:35:18 +0000] AddProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:No such interface `org.freedesktop.ColorManager' on object at path /org/freedesktop/ColorManager/devices/cups_Officejet_7300

Edited by ichase

I do

avahi-daemon.service - Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
	  Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service; enabled)
	  Active: active (running) since Tue 2013-02-05 06:46:07 UTC; 3 days ago
    Main PID: 256 (avahi-daemon)
	  Status: "Server startup complete. Host name is homeserver.local. Local service cookie is 1383146693."
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/avahi-daemon.service
			  |-256 avahi-daemon: running [homeserver.local]
			  `-290 avahi-daemon: chroot helper

Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Loading service file /services/ssh.service.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface eth0.IPv4 with address 192.168.0.10.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: New relevant interface eth0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Network interface enumeration completed.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Registering new address record for fe80::212:3fff:fe6c:2aa6 on eth0.*.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Registering new address record for 192.168.0.10 on eth0.IPv4.
Feb 05 06:46:07 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Registering HINFO record with values 'I686'/'LINUX'.
Feb 05 06:46:08 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Server startup complete. Host name is homeserver.local. Local service cookie is 1383146693.
Feb 05 06:46:09 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Service "homeserver" (/services/ssh.service) successfully established.
Feb 05 06:46:09 homeserver avahi-daemon[256]: Service "homeserver" (/services/sftp-ssh.service) successfully established.

The fustrations is mounting. >_< From the Cups Web Interface I am able to successfully print a test page, but yet if I try printing from Libre Office, Firefox etc, the print screen does not see the network printer. :angry: :bangin:

Yes

cat /etc/cups/client.conf
# see 'man client.conf'
192.168.X.XX:631 /var/run/cups/cups.sock 

I obviously am missing a package because when I try lp or lpstat I get bash lp no command found

securitybreach

Ok I was talking to Fran's husband and he said it sounds like a permissions issue. What do you have in your /etc/hosts.deny file on the server? Also, he said you should have allow,deny instead of deny,allow on the Order deny,allow section of /etc/cupd.conf.

One more thing, could you post your groups from the client using the command group? Are you a member of the lp group?

BTW the lp tools come with the cups package so I wonder why you cannot find the commands: Archwiki: CUPS#Command-line_configuration

Unless perhaps you were trying that on the client :ermm:

I really need to put some color in my bash prompts.

Ok, here is the out put of lp and lpstat -p -d on the SERVER (yes, my test page printed fine)

[ichase@homeserver ~]$ lp test.txt
request id is Officejet_7300-9 (1 file(s))
[ichase@homeserver ~]$ lpstat
[ichase@homeserver ~]$ lpstat -p -d
printer Officejet_7300 is idle. enabled since Mon Feb 11 19:00:41 2013
 ready to print
system default destination: Officejet_7300

/etc/cups/client.conf on the Client (Laptop) ***In accordance with the link you sent Josh, I commented out the applicable line.

[root@archbox ichase]# cat /etc/cups/client.conf
# see 'man client.conf'
# ServerName /var/run/cups/cups.sock

On the server /etc/hosts.deny does not exist

[ichase@homeserver ~]$ cat /etc/hosts.deny
cat: /etc/hosts.deny: No such file or directory

I changed all instances of deny,allow to allow,deny in my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

I am a member of the lp group (from client laptop user ichase)

[18:14:42 ichase@~]$ groups
lp wheel video audio optical storage power users ichase

Edit: Additional info:

After making the changes I restarted cups.service on the server. Still no go on printing.

One thing to note, Under the Cups Web Interface, under Administration > Manage Printers under the Administrative dropdown for my printer, when I select "Set as server default" I get:

Unable to set server default: FORBIDDEN
Edited by ichase

setup we have:

[root@rh5 cups]# ls -l *.conf

-rw------- 1 root nobody 82 Oct 13 2010 classes.conf

-rw-r--r-- 1 root lp 0 Feb 22 2012 client.conf

-rw-r----- 1 root root 1910 Oct 13 2010 cupsd-10132010.conf

-rw-r----- 1 root nobody 1628 Mar 15 2011 cupsd.conf

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8853 May 6 2007 cups-pdf.conf

-rw-r--r-- 1 root lp 215 Feb 22 2012 pdftops.conf

-rw------- 1 root nobody 816 Nov 26 15:07 printers.conf

-rw-r--r-- 1 root lp 186 Feb 22 2012 snmp.conf

haven't even touched the client.conf. The cupsd.conf is:

MaxJobs 50001

Printcap /etc/printcap

PrintcapFormat Solaris

User lp

Group sys

Timeout 175

<Location />

Allow From 127.0.0.1

Allow From 192.168.1.*

# Allow shared printing and remote administration...

Order allow,deny

Allow @LOCAL

</Location>

<Location /jobs>

Order Allow,Deny

Allow From 127.0.0.1

Allow From 192.168.1.*

</Location>

<Location /admin>

AuthClass System

AuthType None

Allow From 127.0.0.1

Allow From 192.168.1.*

# Allow remote administration...

Order allow,deny

Allow @LOCAL

</Location>

<Location /printers/test>

Order Deny,Allow

Allow From 127.0.0.1

AuthClass System

AuthType None

Deny From All

</Location>

<Location /printers/TRLD>

AuthClass System

AuthType None

Order Deny,Allow

Allow From 127.0.0.1

Allow From 192.168.1.*

Deny From All

</Location>

# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.

Browsing On

BrowseOrder allow,deny

BrowseAllow @LOCAL

BrowseAddress @LOCAL

BrowseProtocols cups

# Allow remote access

Port 631

<Location /admin/conf>

AuthType Default

Require user @SYSTEM

# Allow remote access to the configuration files...

Order allow,deny

Allow @LOCAL

</Location>

We have not had any problems with other machines being able to use the test or TRLD and machines not in the 192.168.1 subnet are blocked out.

In printers.conf we have:

<Printer TRLD>

Info for Taxes

DeviceURI lpd://dt128.afts.com/TRLD

State Stopped

StateMessage

StateTime 1326426990

Accepting Yes

Shared Yes

JobSheets none none

QuotaPeriod 0

PageLimit 0

KLimit 0

OpPolicy default

ErrorPolicy stop-printer

</Printer>

crp - Thanks for taking the time to post your config files. I see there is a considerable difference between yours and mine. Also, when I run:

root@cups # ls -l *.conf 

It keeps telling me no file or directory even though the cups folder has plenty of ".conf" files. Wierd.

I am wiping out all of the cupsd.conf files and starting fresh with a default file. Go line by line and set this up from scratch. Hopefully this will allow me to see where or what I screwed up. :thumbsup:

Edited by ichase

securitybreach

root@cups # ls -l *.conf 

It keeps telling me no file or directory even though the cups folder has plenty of ".conf" files. Wierd.

I am wiping out all of the cupsd.conf files and starting fresh with a default file. Go line by line and set this up from scratch. Hopefully this will allow me to see where or what I screwed up. :thumbsup:

Are you in the /etc/cups directory when you run that command? The reason I ask is because Crp's post shown him in /etc/cups:

[root@rh5 cups]

rh5 being the hostname and cups being the directory that command needs to run in where as your post shows the hostname as being cups instead of the directory:

root@cups # ls -l *.conf

crp - Thanks for taking the time to post your config files. I see there is a considerable difference between yours and mine. Also, when I run:

root@cups # ls -l *.conf 

I agree with securitybreach that you are probably in the wrong directory but I definitely think you should rename the conf files and start again. I did try to keep things simple when I setup the cups. Edited by crp
  • Like 1

securitybreach

I was typing from memory. Sorry, yes I was in /etc/cups on the server where my .conf files are.

That is strange :ermm:

Considering ls is core Unix/Linux application, your install may be borked. Try running:

# ls -lR /etc/cups

That is a lowercase L beside the R.

Josh, that worked.

[root@homeserver cups]# ls -lR /etc/cups
/etc/cups:
total 72
-rw------- 1 root nobody  128 Feb  4 22:05 classes.conf
-rw------- 1 root lp	  128 Oct 28 01:41 classes.conf.O
-rw-r--r-- 1 root lp	  141 Feb  4 22:41 client.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   1077 Jul  8  2012 command.types
-rw-r----- 1 root nobody 1163 Feb 11 21:55 cupsd.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root lp	 3064 Feb  4 22:11 cupsd.conf.O
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   3085 Feb 11 21:47 cupsd.conf.back
-rw-r----- 1 root lp	 4544 Sep  3 19:54 cupsd.conf.default
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   1448 Aug  8  2012 gstoraster.convs
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lp	 4096 Sep  3 19:54 interfaces
drwxr-xr-x 2 root nobody 4096 Feb  4 21:57 ppd
-rw------- 1 root nobody  585 Feb  4 22:05 printers.conf
-rw------- 1 root lp	  585 Feb  4 21:58 printers.conf.O
-rw-r----- 1 root lp	  278 Sep  3 19:54 snmp.conf
drwx------ 2 root nobody 4096 Feb  4 22:09 ssl
-rw-r----- 1 root lp	  111 Feb  8 07:13 subscriptions.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root lp	  110 Feb  7 22:51 subscriptions.conf.O

/etc/cups/interfaces:
total 0

/etc/cups/ppd:
total 28
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28193 Oct 28 01:40 Officejet_7300.ppd

/etc/cups/ssl:
total 8
-rw------- 1 root nobody 1460 Feb  4 22:09 server.crt
-rw------- 1 root nobody 1675 Feb  4 22:09 server.key

• Like 1

Well I have started with a fresh /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and have gone through the cups wiki. I now once again have access to the cups web interface. BUT, any time I try to change anything, I get forbidden, editing the config file, changing server settings etc. Each time I manually make changes to the cupsd.config file I stop and re-start cups.service.

I have made the changes to the cupsd.config file in accordance to the wiki and some other threads I have looked at.

Here is my current cupsd.config

#
# "$Id: cupsd.conf.in 9407 2010-12-09 21:24:51Z mike $"
#
# Sample configuration file for the CUPS scheduler.  See "man cupsd.conf" for a
# complete description of this file.
#

# Log general information in error_log - change "warn" to "debug"
# for troubleshooting...
LogLevel warn

# Administrator user group...
SystemGroup sys root

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseLocalProtocols dnssd

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Web interface setting...
WebInterface Yes

# Restrict access to the server...
<Location />
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from localhost
 Allow @LOCAL #from 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from localhost
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
 AuthType Default
 Require user @SYSTEM
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from localhost
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
 # Job/subscription privacy...
 JobPrivateAccess default
 JobPrivateValues default

# Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an administrator...
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

# All administration operations require an administrator to authenticate...
 <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

# All printer operations require a printer operator to authenticate...
 <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
   Allow @LOCAL
 </Limit>

# Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
   Order deny,allow
   Allow @LOCAL
 </Limit>

<Limit All>
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>
</Policy>

# Set the authenticated printer/job policies...
<Policy authenticated>
 # Job/subscription privacy...
 JobPrivateAccess default
 JobPrivateValues default

# Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an administrator...
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
   Allow @LOCAL
 </Limit>

<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

# All administration operations require an administrator to authenticate...
 <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
   Allow @LOCAL
 </Limit>

# All printer operations require a printer operator to authenticate...
 <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

# Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

<Limit All>
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>
</Policy>

#
# End of "$Id: cupsd.conf.in 9407 2010-12-09 21:24:51Z mike $".
#

I have the correct HP driver installed, client.config list the IP to the server, I am at a loss here. :medic:

I have not done a long look at your config but

struck me as problematic , BUT i may very well be wrong.

I thought when using 192.168.0.0 as base for unroutable, the mask needed to be 255.255.0.0

and that if the 3rd quadrant is anything else, then 255.255.255.0 as the mask.

If you take out the POLICY section and restart cupsd, what is the status of operations? That last LIMIT

<Limit All>

Order deny,allow

</Limit>

seems that it is looking for trouble.

Edited by crp
  • Like 1

crp

I originally used the allow from IP/Subnet Mask as stated in the Arch Cups Wiki.

That worked as far as getting me into the Cups Web Interface but I could not "save" any functions.

Upon more reading, I added @LOCAL and instead of removing the IP/Subnet Mask I just commented it out because I was troubleshooting. If @LOCAL would have worked I would have cleaned it up.

But I have full access to the CUPS Web Interface, can hit all tabs including the Administration tab but I can't save ANY changes because I get a FORBIDDEN error every time I do. The Wiki does not say squat about having to set up a particular permission field in order to allow for changes.