Engadget reviews the iPhone....

ross549

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/03/iphone-review/
The first solid info anyone heard about the iPhone was in December of 2004, when news started to trickle out that Apple had been working on a phone device with Motorola as its manufacturing partner. About ten months later, under the shadow of the best-selling iPod nano, that ballyhooed device debuted -- the ROKR E1 -- a ******* product that Apple never put any weight behind, and that Motorola was quick to forget. The relationship between Apple and Motorola soon dissolved, in turn feeding the tech rumor mill with visions of a "true iPhone" being built by Apple behind the scenes. After years of rumor and speculation, last January that device was finally announced at Macworld 2007 -- and here we are, just over six months later -- the iPhone, perhaps the most hyped consumer electronics device ever created, has finally landed. And this is the only review of it you're going to need.We've gone into serious detail here, so here's the review split into multiple parts. Trust us, it's a quick read. Enjoy!
Very informative..... it pointed out a lot of things that I've not noticed, even after taking the opportunity to play with one at a local Apple Store.In my opinion, its Achilles' Heel is the keyboard. I don't necessarily have fat finger, nor are they slim, but it seems that the keyboard is simply too small for me to use effectively.For other reasons, I will not buy an iPhone until they make some adjustments to it and add some more features.My $0.02. :)Adam