It's TAX DAY!!!

GolfProRM

Hey everyone... Just a reminder that your taxes are due today (in the US).Gotta have them filed by Midnight!!! The best part is I never forget to have them done... (if they're not done by my birthday, they're late) :D

Guest ComputerBob

I did my Federal taxes a couple months ago, using free TaxACT software. My brother did his for free online, right at the TaxACT Web site. It cost each of us $7.95 to file our Federal tax forms electronically. I got my direct-deposited refund about 10 days later. :D

Guest LilBambi

ComputerBob --I use TaxAct as well and if I am getting a return I file immediately and electronically ... course being self-employed is another world :lol: Now I wait till the last minute. I still use TaxAct but send it by mail B)

Guest ComputerBob
ComputerBob --I use TaxAct as well...
Now why doesn't that surprise me? :lol: I have a feeling that, one of these days, you and I will discover that we're "identical cousins." B)

I have a feeling that, one of these days, you and I will discover that we're "identical cousins." :lol:
CB,Last I checked, there was no direct link in the lineage between humans and koalas. :)Also, "identical" cousins? Come on, you're not half as cute as that koala! B)

Guest LilBambi

GolfProRM --LOL! Good one! You are getting to be as funny as Jeber ... which would be a very nice compliment ... as he's an out and out riot! :lol: ComputerBob --I hear ya! I chuckled when I saw the tax software you used too ... I began to wonder what other software we had in common! B)

I just filed mine about 15 minutes ago. Thank goodness for tax right offs....er,....kids I mean. Every year around tax time I always start calling my daughter "My beautiful little tax right off, daddy loves his tax right off".

Guest LilBambi
I just filed mine about 15 minutes ago. Thank goodness for tax right offs....er,....kids I mean. Every year around tax time I always start calling my daughter "My beautiful little tax right off, daddy loves his tax right off".
Stryder --Yeah B) I could really use my three about now! :lol:

Guest Paracelsus
I got my direct-deposited refund about 10 days later. :D
:o Refund?? :o CB!!,You need to re-do your exemptions, or withholding, man...Or do you enjoy giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan all year?? <_< :P I haven't had a refund in 20+ years.(In case anyone's wondering... YES! I do it with software... But mail a check. I'll be taking a drive to the main Denton PO, right after dinner. :lol: :lol: )

You need to re-do your exemptions, or withholding, man...Or do you enjoy giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan all year?? <_<  :o I haven't had a refund in 20+ years.
ParacelsusCome on, where is your sense of adventure? Don't you believe in being civic minded and letting Uncle Sam use your money for 11 months out of the year (or whatever it works out to)? :o I just fork over more and more money every year. I will be lucky to not owe next year cause I paid off my mortgage! :lol: I think it will be more fun to give to Uncle Sam than the mortgage company. :lol: I know, this time next year I will be crying in my wine. (sorry I can't stand beer!)

Guest ComputerBob
:o Refund?? :o CB!!,You need to re-do your exemptions, or withholding, man...Or do you enjoy giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan all year?? <_<  :lol:
I know, but I can't help it. Over the years, I was blessed with being able to do every single thing I ever dreamed of doing for a living. The only downside is that it is not a very financially stable or secure way to live. There were years that I couldn't have afforded an April 15th tax bill of even $300, so I got used to claiming no exemptions and getting the big refund. Old habits are very, very hard to break. :lol:

Guest LilBambi

ComputerBob --I know you won't be surprised to hear me say this ... but I will say it anyway ... me too! ;) Of course this is the first year being fulltime self-employed and boy does it hurt with no dependents ;)

ahh the joys of being a single, low-payed lackey (with no house and no kids)... makes my taxes easy!!!At this point in my life, I couldn't afford to have to pay the IRS... I err on the side of a smaller refund, but I've got to make sure that's what I'm going to get. One of my co-workers is so happy because he's getting back almost $6000!!! He was happy until i mentiond that he was loaning the IRS $500/month at no interest... he didn't seem so happy then.P.S. For all the other low-payed lackeys out there... there's a great site called Tax Freedom that allows you to do your taxes online and submit them for free (if you qualify based on income). It's a great way to do your taxes if they're not too complicated and you don't make a lot of money. The system is based on TurboTax so it's pretty detailed, but fairly easy to use. Although it's a pain to do your taxes on paper and then try to enter them online... Much easier to just have this program do them for you!

Guest Paracelsus
I know, but I can't help it. Over the years, I was blessed with being able to do every single thing I ever dreamed of doing for a living. The only downside is that it is not a very financially stable or secure way to live. There were years that I couldn't have afforded an April 15th tax bill of even $300, so I got used to claiming no exemptions and getting the big refund. Old habits are very, very hard to break. :)
Point well taken, CB and LilBambi,Sometimes I forget my about these things...Having been a "Corporate Stooge" for so long. Except for four months when I left U. of PA and went to California in '81, I've been fully employed since '77. I've had a nice ride with Unocal though. Can't publish, but they paid for grad school.This year's tax return was the least I've owed since '82
Come on, where is your sense of adventure?
I do have a sense of adventure, teacher.Waiting 'til the weekend before filing deadline, plugging in all my data, and seeing how much the software says I owe...Now THATS an Adventure :) :) ;) '97 I owed close to $1500 ;) :lol: (A little too much adventure) :(

I have such an aversion to this whole tax thing that I actually pay a guy to do them for me. Actually, I think he pays for himself every year, because he squeezes everything out that he can without being too creative.I'm lucky to have him...I start dry-heaving when I just have to sign the forms, so imagine what I would be like if I had to fill them out?I goofed up in 01 and wound up owing the feds $2,200. My wife had the paramedics standing by in the kitchen when I had to sign that check.I was on Immodium AD for three days after. (there is irony there).So, I make sure that they owe me a couple of grand, for my own well-being. :lol:

lol@jbredmound for funny. I have done most of my taxes of the years but did let H&R Block do them a couple of times. I don't mind doing them at all as long as they are not complicated. Doing a straight 1040A is no biggie, done taxes on own business too. Never been audited either, not that I worry if I ever do get audited.