Thread Subscriptions

How many threads do you subscribe to?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I guess in some states I have to offer the free software even if you don't want to vote, so here you go. Now that I have your attention... I just thought it would be interesting to see how many people rely on email notification to keep up on the threads they started or liked, and how many just log in and start clicking. Results rounded to the nearest 01 (binary).This is kind of a subthread of dicknite's interesting question about newsletters. Got me to thinking. And this was all I could think about. For a minute or so.

I don't use the feature at all. If I got an email notification for every thread I was interested in from all the forums I belong to, I'd spend all my time emptying my inbox. B) I just check each forum a few times each day to see what's new. One reason to never underestimate the usefulness of cookies. [Homer] Mmmm.... cookies... [/Homer] :)

Guest Paracelsus

As hot as most things are around here...My server would get overloaded if I subscribed. I don't even bother with the notifications for threads I started or post to.I just login and Cruise Around... looking at most anything with a time later than when I logged out*. Learning a lot, also! B) *I don't stay logged, like Some people we know :) :D :)

I am subscribed to threads I have created and have participated in, but I may change that soon. Too many emails coming in.Mostly, I just return the the site a few times each day and click on the 'View New Posts' link to see what has happened while I'm not around.

I have subscribed twice, when waiting for a particular answer or comment, then unsubscribed once I got it.Part of the fun of all of this for me is just wading around looking for new, interesting stuff.

*I don't stay logged, like Some people we know
If you're referring to moi, I've learned my lesson, thanks to the advise I got in these forums. I'm a confirmed logger on/off now at each visit. I usually follow good advise from others, I just don't listen to my own. So Paracelsus, are we seeing the mad scientist in you in your new avatar?
I already answered this somewhere else.
See, Joy, it is getting confusing, isn't it? Deja vu all over again.

I like notification - leaves me time for other things... Like business!When I do come here un-notified, I usually click on the View New Posts link and go through everything I haven't seen before - the hilighting/unhilighting of the forums with unread/read messages doesn't seem to work very quickly, so it is just easier and less time-consuming.I tried logging off before leaving - and then had to log back on like 3 times in a row before it'd just log me in automagically - so being lazy, I just stay logged in - is this a bad thing? Don't I get extra points for being logged-in all the time? :huh: Besides, I stay logged in to DLSreports.com and taclkemaking.com so if anyone ever accuses me of anything, I can tell them that I was logged in to a different website! A built-in alibi! ;) d|:^)Dick

Guest Paracelsus
I tried logging off before leaving - and then had to log back on like 3 times in a row before it'd just log me in automagically - so being lazy, I just stay logged in - is this a bad thing?  Don't I get extra points for being logged-in all the time?  ;) d|:^)Dick
Hi dicknite,Not really a bad thing. Just from a Q & A session with Jeber...Posted Here :huh: ;)Edit - Kudos to BigJeff, for the trick on how to direct a link to a specific post in a Thread. It Works ;)

When I do come here un-notified, I usually click on the View New Posts link and go through everything I haven't seen before - the hilighting/unhilighting of the forums with unread/read messages doesn't seem to work very quickly, so it is just easier and less time-consuming.
I pretty much always use the View New Posts link... I don't need any more email than I already get, and it's easy this way to go through what's new... I just go to and from the new posts page (starting at the bottom and working up), posting where I see fit.

I voted "5-10 (interest you)" simply because I'm still learning to navigate around forums.The email helps me find my way back to where I once belonged. :huh:

Yup same here - no subscribe - get too many emails as it is. I just keep comin back and checkin often to keep up. I also dont log off - I stayed logged into almost everything

nope, no subscribe, just visit, spam, and go...  :(  :(
Did someone mention spam!?! Time for the spaminator!Brick.gifDue to time & memory constraints, I prefer to subscribe/unsubscribe as needed. And since I belong to several forums, I like to create new folders w/message rules in OE and tend to the messages at my convience.