When do YOU think Leopard will ship?

Scot

OK, so the reward is of dubious value, but I still think winning this "office pool" comes with bragging rights. So ...When do you think Apple will ship the next version of its Max OS X?Projected Leopard Ship Date: I'll kick this off by guessing June 6, 2007.Why I Think That: Apple might be cooking up some extra features for this release, since it competes directly with Vista. I think there's a surprise we don't know about yet. Originally I thought Apple was going to try for the end of March, but that now seems unlikely. And, I dunno, April and May are so ... April and May. (This is clearly a highly scientific, ah, guess.)-- Scot

You are right about surprise.I think it has to ship by June 6, although June could be reserved for new hardware, say Macbook Pro with LED based screen or similar :D So 2 votes for June 6 so far.How about prediction what else might ship on June 6? :devil:

I hope it's as soon as tomorrow, so barring that, I'll go with May 29th. Why? Because it's my birthday :DI have no idea when it'll be out (not that anybody does). If you would have asked me six months ago when I thought it would be out, I'd have said that by now (mid-March) we'd have already been using Leopard for at least a month. I think Apple loses more every day that Leopard slips. They could have struck fairly decisively while Vista stumbled out of the gate, and now they're letting it get up and get further into the lead.

I know exactly. It will be the day after my MacPro Book arrives with 10.4 on it! :D I'm not sure when I'm purchasing yet. I'm going to look on April 4th. If I hold off buying, then you can bet Leopard will be delayed. (I wonder if I stand a chance talking the sellers into a lower price because Leopard is coming out?)

Can I change my guess? I think Apple may ship Leopard during its Worldwide Developers' Conference, June 11 - 15, in San Francisco. So, I'm guessing June 11 (or maybe 12).Based on published reports and comments around the Internet about the current state of the Leopard betas, I don't think there's very much likelihood of Apple shipping the new OS before the WWDC. It could even be later in the month of June.-- Scot

I've been hoping for June 12 myself because we are waiting for Leopard before purchasing a Macbook for my wife. When we do that, along with it will come an AppleTV and an Airport Extreme. I refuse to buy it now and be in the same boat as when I bought the G5 iMac less than a month before the Intel version came out! It's killing me to have to wait :D

Guest LilBambi

Memorial Day weekendApple has stated that there is no delay. Leopard will ship on time in the spring. That covers three months LOL! B)

WWDC sounds like as good a time as any to release (wasn't WWDC in August last year? June seems early). Or July 4. Or my original guess of May 29. I just want it to be soon, so they can update their hardware and I can buy a MacBook.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi

If they had to choose between the two, getting a new hardware/OS platform out the door was probably the better choice. I would definitely prefer a solid product (Leopard) rather than a rush to make a deadline and not have a solid OS.Still isn't 5 years in the making :hysterical: I will revise my date to Columbus Day. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Scot's Newsletter Forum's ATM (All Things Mac), Dreaming! :thumbsup:Don't forget to post in sticky: Tell Us About Your Mac! if you have a Mac already, or post about your Mac aspirations in a new topic if you are looking to get one and have questions. :)
Thanks for the welcome LilBambi. >_< No Mac in the house. Using winXP now and want to add the Mac when Leopard comes out. No particular reason to do this other than to learn a new system. I will probably go with the iMac. Edited by Dreaming

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on the theory that Microsoft may have Vista SP1 ready by fall, and Apple would love to rain on that parade.And Microsoft, along with all with the pc hardware guys, are hoping for the Christmas they didn't have last year.Halloween 2007. It'll be scary.

Guest LilBambi

That would be sad to have to wait till Halloween for many Mac users. But Windows users had to wait five years, so even one year late would be better than that!Let's just hope the wait will be worth it. And that the Leopard won't be another DRM infested OS.

But Windows users had to wait five years, so even one year late would be better than that!
Remember, Mac users had to wait what seemed like 10 years for OS X to arrive. Fortunately it was worth the wait.
Let's just hope the wait will be worth it. And that the Leopard won't be another DRM infested OS.
Unfortunately there is too much big brother in both Apple and Microsoft (and many others) for my tastes. Apple is a little more elegant about it and seems to better use it to their advantage.And I too am hoping that it will be worth the wait.