A new catchphrase

Jeber

Many of us, because of work or a favorite Win-only app, dual-boot Windows and Linux.Many of us dual-bboters have no intention of upgrading from XP to a newer version of Windows.May I suggest a new catchphrase those like us should use whenever appropriate..."Hasta la vista, baby." :D(Thank you, Bill Gates, for providing my straight-lines.}

Upgrading from XP? Some of us haven't even upgraded to XP despite many recommendations. Like me, I use 98 because my computer is too old to handle the memory-greedy XP.Hasta la vista baby... :D ...I don't get it, how did you make that up?

unfortunately for some of us that have to repair the windows world we are gonna have to keep up with MS. If I didn't have that to deal with that I wouldn't upgrade.

:D . . .a little http://www.google/linux search brings this up:
VistA is the largest integrated hospital software package in the world, and hospitals and clinics in many countries depend on it to manage such things as patient records, prescriptions, lab results, and other medical information.
http://www.linux.org/apps/AppId_8943.htmlDoctor . . . please . . help me, I can not stop laughing . . . :hysterical:From what I understand there is some business software called "Vista" too . . . . . :w00t::) Bruno

Could these other "Vista" people sue MS for nicking their name?

From what I have read so far, some are flattered, such as software company in California that markets database software. They feel they are getting publicity. Another was complaining that people were starting to call on the phone asking about windows software which they have nothing to do with. Now, they might consider legal action--said it was starting to interfere with business.

Could these other "Vista" people sue MS for nicking their name?
Maybe windows will copyright the name and sue them??
I thought that "Longhorn" was renamed to "Shorthorn"!
:D :whistling:

You will love what I just read in today's Wall street Journal. Since it is not freely available on the net I will just quote directly:

It includes new user-account protection so that users are given only the privileges required to do their work.  This mirrors a similar security scheme used by Apple Computer Inc.'s Mac OS X and the Linux operating system.
:thumbsup: Funny which two OS's they had to mimic. :thumbsup: :D

You will love what I just read in today's Wall street Journal.  Since it is not freely available on the net I will just quote directly: :D Funny which two OS's they had to mimic.  B)  :)

Funny they didn't mention unix. How long has unix been around. B)