RIP Peace Bruno!

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

av-611.gif

On February 20, 2010 at about 10:00 AM local Amsterdam time, Bruno Knaapen slipped away…

no more pain, no more sorrow.

For the fourth year now, February 20th is a soulful time for me.

I still really miss Bruno very much.

But I am still relieved that he no longer has to deal with any pain and suffering.

No one should have to suffer the horrendous pain that accompanies pervasive cancer that they can’t fix …

Just wanted to honor our past amazing BATL leader, teacher, friend, Bruno Knaapen.

Bruno, you are still very much missed!

Candle-flame-and-reflection.jpg

I miss him a lot and still go to his website http://www.brunolinux.com/ less often than I used to but often. The government in Québec is about to pass a law legalizing assisted-suicide. I don't like the term but I agree with the idea. Sleep well Bruno it was a treat to have you for guru.

• Like 2

I only knew him through this site. It amazes me that he took the time while dealing with his own troubles to write me (and others) a personal note of goodbye. That touched me to the core. I wish I had met him face to face.

Four years...........wow.

• Like 3

Bruno is in a better place now. He would not want any of us to be sad at his passing. That is how unselfish he was. Always helping all of us who knew him through ATL. RIP my friend. You are greatly missed.

Mel

Edited by mhbell
  • Like 4

Bruno is truly special. I still will read replies to linux questions in the fourms and chuckle..thinking "ya know, Bruno would have answered that way" it has always seemed to me that Bruno gave each of us a part of him, to in turn give that part to others. Maybe that was his point all along. Rest Well My Friend.

• Like 4

Guest LilBambi

I think you are right BarryB!

So many great sentiments here!

I know Bruno would not want to have us continue to grieve, but I don't think he would mind if we became soulful and remember him.

You are loved and missed Bruno! :hug: :wub:

V.T. Eric Layton

Bruno is truly special. I still will read replies to linux questions in the fourms and chuckle..thinking "ya know, Bruno would have answered that way" it has always seemed to me that Bruno gave each of us a part of him, to in turn give that part to others. Maybe that was his point all along. Rest Well My Friend.

Excellent thoughts, Barry. :)

Wow four years already. He really had a lot of patience and I try to remember to use his attitude when answering questions about Linux or anything else for that matter. Still missed and not forgotten, thanks Bruno.

• Like 3