#26 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

so the USB wasn't hacked? :)
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#27 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

View Postcrp, on 03 February 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

so the USB wasn't hacked? :)
I don't think so.  I think it was pilot error on my part.  I couldn't leave things the way they were....ie: bootiing MX17 from thumb drive to satisfy my printing needs.  I ended up trying to set Slack up for the CUPS server cuz I couldn't be happy the way things were....gotta tweak...lol....  I wish I'd kept a record of how many times I tweaked things a little too far....bet it's a world record. :teehee:

Edited by wa4chq, 03 February 2019 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#28 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:14 AM

Getting things backed up (and backed up) (time to employ the tips I read the other day from Sunrat...using comm and fslint....I have so many dupes in my backup drive).  The good news is I found PartedMagic amongst the backups.
Posted Image

Edited by wa4chq, 05 February 2019 - 10:24 AM.

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users