102 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Nocturnal Radio Geek

• Forum MVP
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

View PostGary, on Jan 29 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

Source No Clean Installs using an upgrade DVD. One must have an operating Windows OS or fork over $399.00 for the Ultimate Version of Vista. M$ puts it to the consumer once again.
Actually, yes there are clean installs from an 'upgrade'. See Here. particularly posts #8 and 10.
Special Limited Edition Cluttermaster 2007 with direct air cooling system.
"ClutterLabs" --open hardware for open software" .......... Registered Linux User 446867

("It takes an entire village to raise a child...")
"It takes only one bulldozer to raze an entire village..."
"Hey, Fred- isn't that your kid driving that bulldozer?"

In loving memory of Bruno Knaapen of Amsterdam, who shared
his love of Linux, and thereby made the world a better place...

#102 OFFLINE   Gary

Gary

Forum Fiend

• No Longer a Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

View PostCluttermagnet, on Feb 2 2007, 07:07 AM, said:

Actually, yes there are clean installs from an 'upgrade'. See Here. particularly posts #8 and 10.
Yes I know, I have read the thread. One question remains. How long will M$ leave this option available? At the time at date of my post there were no known clean installs.

Edited by Gary, 02 February 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#103 OFFLINE   Gary

Gary

Forum Fiend

• No Longer a Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

Vista family discount purchasers stuck with invalid keysBy Justin Mann, TechSpot.comPublished: February 1, 2007, 7:50 PM EST More annoyances are surfacing as the launch of Vista enters its second day. Now, it seems that many who participated in the family discount program, Microsoft's attempt at giving a “bulk” discount to people who own several computers in a single home, have been issued invalid keys. On top of having a key that doesn't work, Microsoft currently has no fix for it, no plans to issue more keys and no word on when it will be fixed:Microsoft says, “This is a known issue and has been escalated to the program manager.” When asked what could be done I was told, “I can take your name and number and call you back when there is a solution. If that is not acceptable, I can cancel your order and issue you a refund.” I was also told, “There is no expected time period for a fix at this time.”It seems rather odd, to me, that the license keys are also tied in with any sort of volume discounts. Smaller issues of this sort have occurred in the past, and it has been Microsoft's s
OOPS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users