Show us your bike!

ross549

Since I'm commuting via bicycle now... I've been adding to my bicycle and tweaking it for maximum megaflops.....

hVYPQay.jpg

It's a Diamondback Edgewood 2014. 700c wheels, Shimano shifting, etc. It's a hybrid, so can do some light mountain biking along with the commuting. Stupid Amazon sent me the next size larger than what I ordered, so my geometry is a bit off. ;)

faMM82j.jpg

I've got a mounted bike lock, super-cool kickstand, and a bunch of tools in the underseat storage. Some may recall my front derailleur woes last week. Having those tools on hand helped out a lot.

So, what do you have?

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

Sadly, since my knee blew out in November, I haven't been riding or walking regularly as I had the past 2+ years. The waistline is beginning to tell. :(

Sadly, since my knee blew out in November, I haven't been riding or walking regularly as I had the past 2+ years. The waistline is beginning to tell. :(

Curls ! :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

Curls ! :breakfast:

Well, yeah... but making my arms bigger doesn't make my gut smaller. Actually, it enables me to life heavier fork and spoon loads. ;)

I blew my knee out playing sandlot football back when I was 13 years old. Normally, it only bothers me on stormy days, and even then very minimally. However, I think all the walking and bike riding that past 2+ years aggravated the old injury. It decided, for no apparent reason, to remind me that it was still around. ;)

WaI1lP4.png

These sort of curls. :smile2:

"potassium gluconate. it replaces damaged knee parts." afraid that is utter rubbish. Here is a the only thing that replaces damaged knee parts.

bMZp5Un.jpg

There have been some experimental trials where they drill hundreds of very small holes in the mating faces of the two knee bones and filled with a sort of organic mould that grows and forms a new cartilage covering.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/potassium-gluconate.html :breakfast:

No one else has a bike they'd like to show off?

I did something new today on my commute. Instead of going the full bus route, then jumping the train to my destination, I got off the bus early and biked the rest of the way to my destination. Traffic was light. The ride was smooth. :)

Adam

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

We used to have an old broken down tandem bike similar to this one but lighter green and no baskets on the back:

$_57.JPG

You know you're getting old when you are back to riding a tricycle. But not only that, it has to have a motor 'cause you can't pedal that far.

Sorry. I've tried to load an image from photobucket but the forum tells I can't load an image with "that extention".

Edited by lewmur

I did something new today on my commute. Instead of going the full bus route, then jumping the train to my destination, I got off the bus early and biked the rest of the way to my destination.

Where was the bike during the bus ride?

I don't bike any more--not that I ever really did very much. Aging bones and joints make me happier with walking; I can't afford to fall. Even walking is getting tougher--I live on a very steep hill and that is hard on the knees and lower back. Surprisingly, walking downhill is the hardest on your knees. Who'd have thought it?

Guest LilBambi

You know you're getting old when you are back to riding a tricycle. But not only that, it has to have a motor 'cause you can't pedal that far.

Sorry. I've tried to load an image from photobucket but the forum tells I can't load an image with "that extention".

Make sure you have a just the image, not the page with the image on it.

electric trike, yup, nice!

the extension is probably .jpg and this forum does not allow that...

.jpg works fine since the upgrade as long as you are linking to a photo location direct to the image. If it is a jpeg, you will need to download it, chg to .jpg and and upload again or upload to imgur.com etc.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd love to have a trike to do some shopping in the neighborhood, but they're so darned expensive; even used ones. :(

12937227151826.jpeg

----

On a related topic...

I had a flat the other day. No biggie. Happens all the time if you ride a lot like I do. I was about 3 miles from home when it happened and just figured I'd walk the bike on home. I got about a quarter of a mile from the library (where the tire went flat on me) and my uncle was passing by in his car. He stopped and gave me a ride the rest of the way home. I could have easily walked it, but he insisted. ;)

Anyway, I always have one or two spare tubes in the workshop, so the next day I went out there and change the tube out. It only takes me about 5 mins for a front tire and 7-9 mins for a rear. The rear tire takes a bit longer because I have to clean all the chain grease off my hands when I'm done. :yes: So, all was well. I test rode the bike for a few minutes after replacing the tube, then parked it for the evening. When I got up the next morning the tire was flat. WTF? :angry2:

When I tanked the tube, I found that it had a small (less than 1/8") slit on the side where the factory seam in the tube is located; obviously a defect. I went back to my local Specialized dealer where I buy all my stuff for this bike and the swapped me out for a new tube right away, no Qs asked. I bought one also. Today I put the new tube in and rode a short while around the neighborhood. It's still inflated. I guess that's a good sign, huh?

144.JPG

Where was the bike during the bus ride?

The buses have a fold down two-position rack on the front.

Adam

• Like 1

The buses have a fold down two-position rack on the front.

I'm in the depths of suburbia here where people use huge SUVs to go 1 mile to the grocery store. If we've got buses like that, I haven't seen them. :'(

V.T. Eric Layton

We have bike racks on the front of the buses here, too. I've never used one, though.

bike_on_bus1.jpg

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Just post the raw link, Lew.

We have bike racks on the front of the buses here, too. I've never used one, though.

bike_on_bus1.jpg

That's exactly what ours look like too.

V.T. Eric Layton

If I get a job beyond my biking range, I might have to try that bus rack thingy. :yes:

Does the rack hold just one bike?

amenditman

I'd love to have a trike to do some shopping in the neighborhood, but they're so darned expensive; even used ones. :(

12937227151826.jpeg

----

On a related topic...

I had a flat the other day. No biggie. Happens all the time if you ride a lot like I do. I was about 3 miles from home when it happened and just figured I'd walk the bike on home. I got about a quarter of a mile from the library (where the tire went flat on me) and my uncle was passing by in his car. He stopped and gave me a ride the rest of the way home. I could have easily walked it, but he insisted. ;)

Anyway, I always have one or two spare tubes in the workshop, so the next day I went out there and change the tube out. It only takes me about 5 mins for a front tire and 7-9 mins for a rear. The rear tire takes a bit longer because I have to clean all the chain grease off my hands when I'm done. :yes: So, all was well. I test rode the bike for a few minutes after replacing the tube, then parked it for the evening. When I got up the next morning the tire was flat. WTF? :angry2:

When I tanked the tube, I found that it had a small (less than 1/8") slit on the side where the factory seam in the tube is located; obviously a defect. I went back to my local Specialized dealer where I buy all my stuff for this bike and the swapped me out for a new tube right away, no Qs asked. I bought one also. Today I put the new tube in and rode a short while around the neighborhood. It's still inflated. I guess that's a good sign, huh?

144.JPG

Always best to support your local owner/operator. They seem to be the only ones left who understand the value of maintaining good customers.

Big stores just say, "next".

• Like 1

Always best to support your local owner/operator. They seem to be the only ones left who understand the value of maintaining good customers.

Big stores just say, "next".

That pretty much what my trike looks like except that mine also has batteries in the basket and an electric motor on the front wheel. About $500 worth of "extra".