Tweak Ui: Installing The Right Version

Scot

Guest ThunderRiver

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP does NOT install on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Edition, but since the TweakUI on XP is just one executable, so I will see if I can grab that file from Xp, and try it out :)Will keep you guys updated.

Guest LilBambi

X-Setup and TweakUI are great. I have installed them both on my Windows computer and am very happy with both.Getting the proper version of TweakUI for your version of Windows is very important.When I went to get the older version of TeakUI to install on a computer, I couldn't locate anything but the WinXP version, but after Googling around I did find the 1.33, Win9x compatible verison download site as well. (We can still say Googling, Googled, etc., right?...as long as we capitalize the G :D ).Wish I had known about Scot's SBS article ... would have made it so much easier :)

Guest ThunderRiver

I don't really think there is a very big deal with which version you use on your system. Most registry keys are the same even way back in Windows 95 except new features. Windows 2003 Server family is actually Windows NT 5.2 wereas Windows XP is Windows NT 5.1 Technically, the power toy from Windows Xp should be compatible with Windows 2003 then

Guest LilBambi

Maybe I should have clarified that ....WinXP TweakUI is not compatible with PRIOR versions of Windows. At least according to the MS site (unless they changed their mind on that now).That is the version difference I was referring to.Hope that clears it up.