Tiny ME Linux Review

mhbell

Well I dug out a old compaq presario 1200 series laptop vintage 1999 that had a 6 gb HD and only 128 Mb ram Windows ME was installed But No restore disks so I partitioned the HD into 2 partitions with win Me on one partition. I installed Deli Linux and it was no go Lilo would not install so I downloaded and tried TinyME Linux based on PCLos 200 Mb iso 12 minutes to download and I ran the live CD first. Surprise everything works so I did a hard drive install. Boy was I surprised. The install went without any problems and is working great. This is the first linux distro that has worked on this machine. I have tried several others but none as slick as this one. It even has a battery indicator. very basic setup and programs installed and it is fairley fast. anyone who has a older computer and is having problems should give this Distro a try.Mel :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review Mel . . . . . I think I will have to download and try TinyME myself, makes a great recovery-disk to troubleshoot those old Windows computers some of my friends still have.:thumbsup: Bruno