Archwiki: Firefox Tweaks

securitybreach

There are a few good ones there. I was looking into WebRender yesterday but it's not yet supported for my card according to my about:support page so I didn't try to force it. Mozilla are slowly rolling it out as default for supported hardware.

There is a section on using userChrome.css and userContent.css which I vaguely recall are now deprecated by default in the latest FF versions. I also vaguely recall they can be force re-enabled.

Firefox 67 has rolled out a number of new performance optimisations and it does seem subtly more responsive. I like it! :thumbsup: B)

securitybreach

Firefox 67 has rolled out a number of new performance optimisations and it does seem subtly more responsive. I like it! :thumbsup: B)

Yeah, I like it. :thumbsup:

Firefox may start to recover some share of usage now with performance optimisations and enhanced security and privacy now it blocks trackers by default, while Chrome are taking control away from users by disallowing ad blockers and continuing tracking.

It's also now possible to disable those annoying requests for notifications and location sharing. I hated those and grew tired of clicking them away as more and more websites seem to be adopting them.

This page gives a nice quick overview:

When it comes to privacy, default settings matter!

Firefox may start to recover some share of usage now with performance optimisations and enhanced security and privacy now it blocks trackers by default . . .
Unfortunately, I'm also finding more and more locations where web pages simply aren't responsive to FF unless you choose to restart in safe mode and disable a lot of enhanced security. I'm then left to debate whether I really want to continue with that website. Trying to retain even a modicum of privacy will eventually push some of us off the internet altogether.