Woodstock sequel !!!!!!!!!!&#3

abarbarian

Woodstock founder reveals details of 50th anniversary festival

Fifty years after Woodstock helped define a generation, one of its original organizers is planning an anniversary to remember. After months of teasing, Woodstock co-founder Michael Lang has officially announced a 50th anniversary concert is coming to Watkins Glen, New York, this summer. The three-day festival will take place Aug. 16-18, to celebrate the legendary "3 Days of Peace & Music."

But it could be a war of the Woodstocks — CBS New York reports a competing festival held at the original Woodstock location about 150 miles away will take place the exact same weekend. That event, at the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, will include "prominent and emerging artists spanning multiple genres and decades" as well as talks by "leading futurists and retro-tech experts," the organizers said.

:clap:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... Woodstock in '69. I was 8 years old. I was in 3rd grade, I think. Even though I was young, that era was my era (Summer of Love, Vietnam War, etc.) because I have an older brother who was 19 in '69. I grew up in his shadow, in his culture, with all his friends around. That is what influenced my eclectic music tastes, actually. :)