Mandrake 9.2

nilson

I got Mandrake 9.2 set up, and I like it much better than 9.1. It seems to be much sleeker. I am using it as a test webserver (I may switch my main webserver from XP > Gentoo or Mandrake later) and I'm running Nilson's Blogger on it.I'm downloading every update it could find for what I had installed (about 164 MB).Nice :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of downloading 9.2 and look forward to taking it for a spin. :thumbsup: Did you experience any configuration problems? Is the sound now on by default or do we still have to activate it manually?

Hi RonsNo the sound is not muted this time . . . . but there are a few glitches . . . have a good read in the sticky:http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...=ST&f=14&t=3625LG CD-ROM drives problems and "update-menus" problem . . . first one is deadly, second one is harmless and easy to solve but you have to know how . . ;)9.2 is brilliant !:blink: Bruno

I got Mandrake 9.2 set up, and I like it much better than 9.1.  It seems to be much sleeker.  I am using it as a test webserver (I may switch my main webserver from  XP > Gentoo or Mandrake later) and I'm running Nilson's Blogger on it.I'm downloading every update it could find for what I had installed (about 164 MB).Nice :o
Nice to hear that Nilson . . . yep we all do like the 9.2 . . . . was it from the CD´s you got from your adopter ?:blink: Bruno

Hi Bruno,Got 9.2 installed OK. No LG CD so no problems on that end.In the process of doing ALL downloads - I finally got DSL at home! So I am using the download disk from the site you recommended - thank you for the link. B) Sound - some type of glitch. When the system starts or when I click on the test sound button - I only get what is described as a 'whishing' sound for the length of the sound. Yet sometimes it does work OK. Go figure! :( I'll see what happens after the updates.If it still doesn't work properly is there something else I can try?Sound is a AC97 codec using VIA chipset and built onto mobo.

Sound should work okay with the AC97 !Get the updates first and do NOT touch the menu for 60 seconds after closing the MCC, there is stuff that has to be written to cache, or you will loose all your menu´s and only Ctrl+Alt+F1 . . logging in as ROOT, not su . . and "update-menus" will bring them back . . . after that you get hte GUI back with Alt+F7B) Bruno

I have AC97 chipset. I had to change my driver to another one in the hardware section of the MCC. Make sure aumix loaded. If aumix won't pop up on your screen when you click on it then you might need to remove and reinstall aumix. I ended up going wtih the alternate driver for mine this time - the snd-intel8x0. I have sound everywhere except my email!

Thanks Bruno for the update info. and caution.Thanks Julia for the alternate driver. I'll give it a try.Everything else appears to be working just fine. B) I'm hoping to fine tune the system more this weekend.Thanks again. :(

I got Mandrake 9.2 set up, and I like it much better than 9.1.  It seems to be much sleeker. I am using it as a test webserver (I may switch my main webserver from  XP > Gentoo or Mandrake later) and I'm running Nilson's Blogger on it.I'm downloading every update it could find for what I had installed (about 164 MB).Nice :huh:
Nice to hear that Nilson . . . yep we all do like the 9.2 . . . . was it from the CD´s you got from your adopter ?:lol: Bruno
Yes, it was the CDs that he sent me.