New Mac Hardware refreshes

Peachy

So, Apple launched new hardware refreshes of the iMac and Mac Mini yesterday including a new Mac Mini Server running Snow Leopard Server. The Mac Mini are still using Core 2 Duo processors but the base system has 2GB of RAM. The Mac Mini Server is the interesting model with 4GB of RAM and two 500MB hard drives which necessitated the removal of the optical drive. The iMac now have larger screens (21.5" and 27" with backlit LED) with either Core 2 Duo or Core i5 and i7 Quad Cores. I can't imagine what the price will be for the top-of-the-line model tricked out with the Core i7, 16GB of RAM and 2TB of storage — oh, wait, just shy of $4,000 Canadian.

I want a "hands on" review of the new mouse when someone here gets one. :D It uses touch and apparently is similar to the iPhone with the expand and contract movements.

• 1 month later...
Guest LilBambi

I was just reading about that mouse and I hope all the OSes will soon be able to make use if it. :) Particularly for those of us that use KVM switches.But for standalone on the Mac...awesome!!!