mouse oddity...

-ct-

so, i go to launch a game and it stops loading ctrl-alt-del brings up nothingwell, not exactlythe screen res had dropped to 640x480 (expected), but the task manager would not show upthe desktop was all black, though the taskbar did show itself, as well as the app and the task man.there was no way to click on the offending application to terminate it - a rightclick would simply hide the mouse cursor and i'd have to ctrl-alt-del again to get the mouse cursor backended up having to log off to get back to the desktop ("activemovie" window stops responding, it says when i go to log off)and, when i did, the mouse no longer responds correctlyi have it on a black pad, and it's worked just perfectly fine all alongnow, it will jerk about a bit, and maybe move an inch or twobut that's itnow, if i put the mouse on ANY other surface, it works prefectly fine as if nothing happened!(optical, yes winp pro, all updates, etc etc)no extra services or apps running that shouldn't beany ideas about this problem?(don't i always come up with the weirdest things? lol)