Good iLife Article

bjf123

Well... I've been really busy and haven't really tried all the iLife Apps in great depth, but I must say I love the suite!First, every new shipping Mac gets the latest version of iLife free. Minor updates are free via Software Update, and Major upgrades like the iLife '04 cost $49 for the entire suite. And look what iLife '04 offers: GarageBand (new), iMove 4, iDVD 4 (now able to be used on Macs without SuperDrives), iPhoto 4, iTunes (free download).A few months ago, I made a cool slideshow movie with music via iMovie 3, exported it to iDVD 3, and burned a DVD that worked in every DVD player I had access to... The ease of use was amazing, and the final product looked superb. I have plans to use the latest versions over the summer when I have more free time.Until recently I never used iPhoto to organize my images like I use iTunes to organize my huge Music collection. I don't know why I never used iPhoto, but now I use it to organize ALL of my digital images. The features and speed, are just amazing.I'm one of those people who sees something and drools like Homer Simpson. :lol: When I ordered iLife '04, I also placed and order for the GarageBand Jam Pack. Now, I will admit... "I have no professional training" :lol: when it comes to music, and my first song out of GarageBand would be either listed as "unclassifiable" or maybe "space music." :lol: I haven't had time to explore it more, but I think it's a great app.I too would also pay double for the iLife suite (read the above linked article for context)...

A few months ago, I made a cool slideshow movie with music via iMovie 3, exported it to iDVD 3, and burned a DVD that worked in every DVD player I had access to... The ease of use was amazing, and the final product looked superb.
I'm looking forward to doing the same thing, though without the iDVD part, since I don't have a SuperDrive in either Mac. I got an external DVD burner for Christmas, so I'm thinking I should be able to burn the DVD using Toast. Is it pretty straightfoward to make a slideshow movie with iMovie? I've got a program on my PC that creates self running CD slide shows with music. I'm looking to do the same thing on my Mac, but to a DVD instead of CD.