Adobe Flash Player Updates

Corrine

Sorry, I forgot to post about the latest Adobe Flash Player update. The newest version for Windows and Macintosh is 11.5.502.110. For Linux, the newest version is 11.2.202.251

Additional details in my blog post: Adobe Flash Player Critical Security Update

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seeing as how Adobe is now scheduling Flash Player updates to coincide with the 2nd Tuesday of the month Microsoft Security Updates, I'm pinning this topic for update. The manual download links remain the same as in the initial post.

The newest versions are as follows:

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7: 11.5.502.135

Windows 8: 11.3.377.15

Macintosh: 11.5.502.136

Linux: 11.2.202.258.

Release date: December 11, 2012

Vulnerability identifier: APSB12-27

Priority: 1

CVE number: CVE-2012-5676, CVE-2012-5677, CVE-2012-5678

Platform: All Platforms

• 4 weeks later...

Adobe Flash Player was updated to address security vulnerabilities. These updates address a vulnerability that could cause the application to crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7: 11.5.502.146

Windows 8: 11.3.378.5

Macintosh: 11.5.502.146

Linux: 11.2.202.261

For users of Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from the Download Center at Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 Release Preview (KB2758994).

Google Chrome will be automatically updated. If you use Adobe AIR, it needs to be updated to the latest version.

Additional details in my blog post at Adobe Flash Player and AIR Critical Security Updates.

• 5 weeks later...

Adobe Flash Player was updated to address critical security vulnerabilities. These updates address vulnerabilities currently being exploited in the wild.

Windows and Macintosh: 11.5.502.149

Linux: 11.2.202.262

Android 4.x: 11.1.115.37

Android 3.x and 2.x: 11.1.111.32

Direct Download Links:

For users of Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from the Download Center at Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 Release Preview (KB2758994).

Additional details in my blog post at Critical Adobe Flash Player Security Update.

• Like 1

If you feel like you just updated Adobe Flash Player a few days ago, you are right. Although a critical security update was released last Thursday, yet another update was released today. The updates released are not only for Adobe Flash Player but also Adobe AIR and Adobe Shockwave Player.

Direct download links for Adobe Flash Player are below. Information for Adobe AIR and Adobe Shockwave Player can be found in my blog post at Another Critical Adobe Update, Includes Flash Player, AIR and Shockwave.

Adobe Flash Player Direct Download Links:

Thanks Corrine. I'm off to update the XP and 7 computers.

I think this rash of flash updates might force my hubby to use the XP computer and I can finally pry the 2K one away from him. :teehee:

He gets popups when he tries to view something (like a Jacquie Lawson card from me). He knows that he is stuck at FF v12 and also can't update flash because if he tries it will fail so he turns on the updated XP computer and has no problem. YES!

• 2 weeks later...

A critical security update for Adobe Flash Player was released today -- just two weeks after the last critical update.

Direct download links for Adobe Flash Player are below. Additional information about the update is available in my blog post at Critical Security Update for Adobe Flash Player.

Guest LilBambi

Well, if they don't keep up with them, they will get the same debacle that Oracle is going through right now.

They know how that feels. They have been there before a few years back, and I really don't think they want to go there again...

I update flash on XP and 7 within a few hours of Corrine's posts.

My hubby is now using the XP computer a lot more since I explained to him the popups on his 2K about flash needing to be updated can not be fixed. (He doesn't wander too far that's why I was not too worried about him getting malware). The 2K computer is stuck at 11.1. something. My 2K computer does not go out into the world. :teehee:

I think I can finally move his 2K computer to the other end of the basement. He can still do work on it, he just won't be connected.

• 2 weeks later...

A critical security update for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR was released today.

Direct download links for Adobe Flash Player are below. Additional information about the update is available in my blog post at Critical Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR Update.

V.T. Eric Layton

Flash then Java. Java then Flash. And again next week. Are Adobe and Oracle using the same security strategy manual to maintain these apps?

• 4 weeks later...

Adobe Flash Player : The scheduled release includes new features, security fixes and bug fixes. The newest versions are as follows:

Windows and Macintosh: 11.7.700.169

Linux: 11.2.202.280

Adobe AIR 3.7

Adobe Air: The newest version of Adobe AIR is 3.7, available her: http://get.adobe.com/air/?promoid=JZEFV

Adobe Shockwave Player: The newest version 12.0.2.122 is available here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/.

As usual, watch for any pre-checked add-ons not needed for the update of Adobe products.

• Like 2

Unless there is an out-of-band update, at least we can now plan on Flash updates on the 2nd Tuesday of the month along with the Microsoft Security updates.