New features in the latest Firebird Nightly!

GolfProRM

Good info to note for all you that have fallen in love with the Send Page/Send Link that is found in Mozilla... As of the August 8th nightly build, it is now in Firebird!!! (I know you'll like this prelude76 ;) )They're making good progress... There are some annoying bugs, but it's getting quite a bit of development as of late! B)

Now that I seem to have that page rendering problem licked, I decided to once again d/l Firebird tonight and see if I couldn't come to love it as much on the Linux side as I do on the Windows side. So far, so good.But one question (isn't there always at least "one" question? :D )...You mention the "send link" option in the 8/8 nightly build. I d/l'd the currently available build from the Moz web site on 8/10, but that option isn't present. Do they not incorporate the nightly builds into the "official" d/l's...or do I need to do a seperate d/l of the 8/8 nightly build?

It's not in the 8/10 build? It is in mine (Windows). Was this not added in linux? Send link is Right click on a link and there should be a send link.Send page is in the File Menu.

Ryan - nope, they left it out of the Linux build, and I haven't upgraded my Windows version yet (you know...if it ain't broke... B) )Kelly - I'll check that link. Thanks.I do like to send links a lot to my roomy out in his cottage...and I've missed this feature.

thanks, GolfproRM. my favorite feature has arrived! i'm tabbling more and more with firebird/thunderbird daily... one thing that irks me: the latest aug 8th build uses some newer theming, and all my favorite themes no longer work. does it take long for them to update the themes?

The theme thing is quite obnoxious... They're getting more and more updated, but it's a slow process as many of the theme creators aren't around... If you go to http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php and go down to the themes section, you can find the ones that have been updated... This is the only option until they get the main site updated correctly.

Can I install a nightly build in another folder so as to keep my current build?
Sure can... you can install it anywhere... It'll use your current profile as well (unless you tell it not to by running the profile manager)... To run the profile manager, add a -p to the executable (Ex: "C:\firebird\Mozillafirebird.exe" -p)

Thanks Ryan, but they must have hid the other 33 themes! ;)  ;)
I recall them implementing a feature to take your UA string and showing only the themes that are compatible with the build you're using. If you're using the 1.5b trunk, I'm sure you'll get to see more and more themes available as the authors and other volunteer posters have been updating a lot of them vigorously. :)My humble site has a few updated themes, too. If you can't find what you're looking for at the official site, you're welcome to go visit http://home.comcast.net/~dtoyama/firebird/themes.html to look around.