Importing Games

ivan

Still learning about Xandros.I would be interested in knowing a source of Xandros compatible games (especially card games). I have used (on Windows) some of the following: Cribbage, Hearts, RummiCube, Free Cell, variety of Solitaire. I thought I could play them through C:/ but this does not function for me. Perhaps others that you could recommend. The ones on Xandros are fine, just a bit limited. :thumbsup: Ivan

Have you looked for Pysol? It is a nice collection of games. It is probably there because I believe it is part of the Gnome packages. Take a look to see if that one is available for you. Julia :thumbsup:

;) Which version of Xandros is it? Pysol is available through Xandros Networks. I've just installed Xandros 2.0 Business edition and it's great, it comes with Crossover Office which means that lots of Windows programmes can be used on Linux. This machine dual boots with WinME and I can play a few Windows card games in Linux including the Windows version of Pysol. I'll be testing out some other programmes tomorrow.

;) All I did was double click on the exe file for the game on the Windows drive and it just worked, really surprised me at how easy it was. I really like this distro although I suppose I should as it cost me $125 (Australian).

In Xandros Networks you can access the entire Debian archive which includes hundreds of games! Not in Xandros now but I remember you need to enable "Expert" sources or search. :D Otherwise you only get listed apps from the Xandros servers.Nice distro but anyone with any Linux experience will have to add a few fave apps. It basically has one good app for each category. Good setup, networking and drivers, too.And it looks nice. :D