Intuit droping DRM and Product Activation!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zox

zox

Multithreader

• Forum MVP
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:03 PM

http://www.extremete...,1088341,00.asp B)

#2 OFFLINE   Prelude76

Prelude76

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:08 PM

good riddance!  i switched to TaxWiz for the past 2 years because of QuickTax's stupid DRM use.  I had to re-load QuickTax to check an old return I did and had to phone in and go thru hassle of re-activating software I bought a long time ago and didnt have receipt on hand.  Plus their stupid 5 returns only is a joke too.  Who cares if I choose to make returns for my friends and family too.  That's my choice, its my PC, and my software.I doesnt matter, they already lost me as a customer.  Taxwiz is cheaper and better and respects your privacy.

#3 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:17 PM

fascinating.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   teacher

teacher

Acute Mac

• Honorary Moderators
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:12 PM

That is good news.  I had delayed removing the final part from my computer when I had to go to an amended return for my sister.  I sure was glad I had not dumped the whole thing and removed the code.  I just ignored the registration stuff and it printed fine.  I did lose the state stuff though.  After years of using their products, I was looking for another way to go.  I guess if everyone gets together and complains, they eventually listen.  What's next?  Bill G - are you listening?
Teacher
Beach Bum Extraordinaire

#5 OFFLINE   SocBum

SocBum

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:44 PM

WOW, a company that is listening to their user base.  What a novel idea!!

#6 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 05:18 PM

But they are not giving up on looking into 'ways' ... Think I will just stay with my Intuit alternatives.  B)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#7 OFFLINE   Stryder

Stryder

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 06:27 PM

Well that just plain stinks....I'm really into intrusive, restrictive and inconvenient software.

#8 OFFLINE   zox

zox

Multithreader

• Forum MVP
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 07:33 PM

Well that just plain stinks....I'm really into intrusive, restrictive and inconvenient software.
LOL  :lol:  :lol: You're right LilBambi, they say they are looking into other ways for next tax season.Who knows what's next in store, I say stick with software that is not so intrusive and have trust in you as a customer.

#9 OFFLINE   FuzzButt

FuzzButt

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:41 PM

It's about time Intuit pulls it's head out of it's rear. Next year I was going to go to a different tax software company if they were going to expand on the DRM/Activation issue.

Western slope La Salle Mtns, Utah Taken May 16, 2004 by Me.

#10 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 09:04 PM

zox, on May 15 2003, 07:33 PM, said:

LOL  :D  :D You're right LilBambi, they say they are looking into other ways for next tax season.Who knows what's next in store, I say stick with software that is not so intrusive and have trust in you as a customer.
Yep, me too zox!  :D
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users