INX is not X and the use of Ceni...

wa4chq

Greetings all. I recently discovered INX and thought it'd be fun playing with it on Vbox. I also burned it to a disk, though I don't know why.

For internet, it comes with Ceni. I've never heard of it so I've never used Ceni and I don't want to. What I read about it says it uses less RAM than wicd.....OK..... And it looks like you go into /etc/network/interfaces and config there. But no worries if running it in Vbox.

OK, have a great weekend.

• Like 2

Ceni is a very simple script that configures /etc/network/interfaces . It was originally default in siduction and is very easy to use and effective.

I don't think I'd be using a 10 year old operating system though. There are many current options for a CLI-only OS, siduction NoX and Debian netinstall for starters.

• Like 1

I don't think I'd be using a 10 year old operating system though. There are many current options for a CLI-only OS, siduction NoX and Debian netinstall for starters.

Agree about not using a 10 year old OS......I was just seeing what it was all about. Actually for a live distro, it's kinda interesting, especially if you enjoy working from the console.