Pale Moon Version 28.6.0 Released

Corrine

Pale Moon has been updated to version 28.6.0. This is a major development update, focusing on under-the-hood improvements and bugfixes, code cleanup, and performance.

See the long list of changes and fixes in the Release Notes.

To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Click About Pale Moon and Check for Updates.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... quite a few worthwhile improvements according to the release notes. I'm off to go update now. Thanks, Corrine!

Pale Moon has been updated to version 28.6.0.1. This is an out-of-band update to fix some pressing issues with the latest release. Linux versions will follow when the Linux builders have had time to make fresh builds.

Release Notes

To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Click About Pale Moon and Check for Updates.

Edit: Corrected typo in version number.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm still using Firefox as a primary browser, so I can't really say. I was using Palemoon for a while there because FF was not rendering certain websites properly. I found that it was my HTTPS Everywhere extension that was causing that problem, though. Had to disable it.

By the way, if you're bored, give Basilisk (a Palemoon derivative) a try. It'd definitely snappy!

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't remember, Liz. I don't seem to even have HTTPS Everywhere installed in Palemoon. It was definitely causing me script issues in Firefox at my private forum, here at Scot's, and on my weather/radar site that I visit often.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'll keep an eye out for the Linux release. Thanks, Corrine!

OK, PM updated to v28.6.0.1. :)

Thanks Eric. I remember trying to figure out if it is needed now because browsers seem to use https. When I search, I can't seem to find an answer to "do I need this extension or not". I prefer to keep my extensions to a minimum, if I can.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Are you using at VPN? If so, HTTPS Everywhere is definitely not necessary. Your data to and from the VPN is ALWAYS in an encrypted tunnel.

V.T. Eric Layton

I pay only $31/year for security and peace of mind. It's not expensive at all. The prices have gone up a wee bit since I started with Private Internet Access. It's $37 and some change per year now. Something you might want to consider in this day/age of nastiness on the Internet.

vpn.gif