No Sound

kamicota

Hi all today tried to hear on line music and one of Yahoo's videos.But no sound at all.Wonder if this could be the result of pCLinuxOS being updated to the rather glitchy 2010.12 and/orBleachbit was used yesterday and may done somethingHave no idea on where to start with this one.This on a Acer laptop - 5551-23854 with a ATI Technologies Inc|RS880 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4200] card that shows in the Control center Intel HDA Driver(snd_had_intel) Cheers for yearsColin :whistling:

JoshDo not know what flash is on right now only that it is updated BUT--->>>did try to hear a FREE Queen song on line but again NO sound Will have a look in Synaptic for flashCheers for <yearsColin :whistling:

JoshAm going to uninstall and reinstall it reboot and see what happensThen find a coupe of my music files and try them tooCheers for :whistling: yearsColin

Thanks Josh[kamicota@localhost ~]$ lspci | grep Audio00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)01:05.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RS880 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4200][kamicota@localhost ~]$ Cheers for yearsColin :whistling:

Thanks JoshWent back into MCC and ticked Puse audio, 5.1 sound and enable user switching for audio applications so will see what happens when I activate themCheers for yearsColin

securitybreach

Anyone using PCLinuxOS can jump in here anytime.... :thumbsup: Just kidding, I am still looking around for ya buddy :)Do you have sound with online videos? I mean after the reboot.Also, have you tried changing to your other video card? Lspci listed two audio cards in your system- SBx00 and RS880Alsa is so much easier to configure IMO

That's OK JoshTried the MP3 in several Players and in the Gnome Player - NOW it will NOT closeThe way seems to b pointing to MDV 2010.2 Gnome :clap2: :fishing: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :hysterical: eh!!!But we will see if PATIENCE can SURMOUNT the frustration welling around :w00t: Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Well Well Well --->>>It just played the Yahoo video right NOW - BUT why in the heck no MP3???Yet Alsa seems intriguing Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Yes Josh another Awesome :rolleyes: fix :thumbsup: The MCC Audio must have been in the throes a belated new Years Hangover to take so long after reboot :thumbsup: Cheer for Years Colin :hysterical:

I thought it might have been the Pulse Audio. I had much the same issue when i was running PCLOS. Sorry I got here too late to suggest it in a timely fashion, but congrats to Josh for picking up on it!