Trouble with k3b

georgeg4

I DL the Mandriva ISO and tried to burn it on DVD several times and this is the error message I got System-----------------------K3b Version: 1.0.5KDE Version: 3.5.10QT Version: 3.3.8Kernel: 2.6.26.8.tex3Devices-----------------------HP DVD Writer 1140d YH26 (/dev/hda, ) [CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM, DVD-R Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Jump, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite, DVD-RW Sequential, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual Layer, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [sAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96P, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16, RAW/R96P, RAW/R96R, Restricted Overwrite, Layer Jump]PHILIPS DVD8421 7H09 (/dev/hdb, ) [CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual Layer, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [sAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16, RAW/R96R]Burned media-----------------------DVD+RK3bIsoImager-----------------------mkisofs print size result: 2279848 (4669128704 bytes)Pipe throughput: 110592 bytes read, 106496 bytes written.Used versions-----------------------mkisofs: 1.1.7.1growisofs: 7.1growisofs-----------------------/usr/bin/growisofs: no mkisofs options are permitted with =, aborting...growisofs command:-----------------------/usr/lib/cnfbin/growisofs -Z /dev/hda=/dev/fd/0 -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=tracksize:2279848 -dvd-compat -speed=4 -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:32m mkisofs-----------------------2279848I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)This size can only be represented in the UDF filesystem.Make sure that your clients support and use it.ISO9660, Joliet, RockRidge, HFS will display incorrect size.mkisofs calculate size command:-----------------------/usr/lib/cnfbin/genisoimage -gui -graft-points -print-size -quiet -volid mandriva-linux-free-2009.1-i586 -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR © 1998-2006 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-george/k3bMwQG5b.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-george/k3b3IeUcb.tmp -joliet -joliet-long -hide-joliet-list /tmp/kde-george/k3bw68p2a.tmp -no-cache-inodes -allow-limited-size -udf -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-george/k3bZ5ySqa.tmp mkisofs command:-----------------------/usr/lib/cnfbin/genisoimage -gui -graft-points -volid mandriva-linux-free-2009.1-i586 -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR © 1998-2006 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-george/k3bmFSBHb.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-george/k3bb2zUpc.tmp -joliet -joliet-long -hide-joliet-list /tmp/kde-george/k3b7RqXJb.tmp -no-cache-inodes -allow-limited-size -udf -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-george/k3bOVBmjc.tmp

V.T. Eric Layton

Here are two things to check:1) Can you start K3b as root and burn your cd that way?If yes, then you may need to...2) Add your user to the uucp group --> edit /etc/group

uucp::14:uucp:george
3) You may also need to set permissions from within K3b (as root) to allow your user to use the application.I've had to do this before in a couple instances on different distributions on my system. Luck! :) Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

You had this issue before George, read: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...c=25500&hl= . . . . and I think that the problem back then was that you tried to burn a directory as if it was an ISO. The "real" ISO was inside that directory.See, when you use bittorrent to download an ISO it creates a directory with the exact same name as the iso, and inside that directory lives the "real" ISOSo simply open the directory and rightclick the ISO to burn it "as image' with k3b. OR use the commandline like this:

# growisofs -Z /dev/hda=/home/george/Desktop/mandriva-??????.iso/mandriva-??????.iso

( make sure you have the full path to the "real" ISO file.:) Bruno

K3b Version: 1.0.5KDE Version: 3.5.10QT Version: 3.3.8Kernel: 2.6.26.8.tex3Devices
... and again isn't that the pclos kernel your trying to connect to MDV?