Birthday eyebrow gash

securitybreach

securitybreach

Someone ran me off the road last night and I got a nasty gash on my eyebrow. Still feel half out of it even with the pain meds. Gotta love it.... got a black eye and a 9 stitches two days before my birthday. I also had to buy new glasses as my frame broke and I lost one of the lenses.

14e5iA0.jpg

Ouch !! You were lucky in that the gash was not a little lower and more to the right. You might have looke d like this then :pirate: .Most gilrlies like war wounds so you might get lucky and get some luverly to kiss it better.

We want more detail. Why did you get run of the road ? How ? etc etc. :fish:

• Like 1

securitybreach
We want more detail. Why did you get run of the road ? How ? etc etc. :fish:

Dunno why it happened but I just figured it was the NSA mad that I used one of their key words. B)

Guest LilBambi

Dunno why it happened but I just figured it was the NSA mad that I used one of their key words. B)

:hysterical:

BTW: What did your eyebrow hit to do that? Curb?

Guest LilBambi

Happens when you sleep. You should have seen the swelling overnight on our son's eye when he was just a little tyke. Swollen shut by morning! Stayed that way for days. :(

Happy Birthday Josh!

:th_1sm198balloons:

blow%20out%20candles.gif

:blissysmile: :blissysmile:

:blissysmile:

:blissysmile:

Guest LilBambi

Ice is for the first 20 min 2 days, warm compresses apparently after that.

Cold first, heat later.

Okay, this is what I learned in nursing school:

After an injury (sprain, strain, etc.,) cold packs should be applied. Cold helps constrict blood vessels, thereby reducing swelling associated with injury. Packs should be applied for 20 minutes at a time, about 4 times a day, making sure there is a cloth between the ice and skin to prevent frostbite. After 2 days, muscles now become stiff and achy, and application of heat helps dilate the blood vessels and increases blood flow, which helps to loosen stiff muscles.

Chronic pain, however, or pain not associated with an injury, usually responds better to heat. This would apply to issues such as arthritis or chronic back pain. It should be applied for about 20 minutes, 3 times a day.

Headaches are a little different. Headaches are often associated with dilated blood vessels in the brain, so we apply cool washcloths or cold packs to help constrict the blood vessels and reduce pain.

I must add a little personal note...I have taken care of a billion patients in my lifetime (well, okay, maybe not a billion, but you catch my drift,) and there are some people whose bodies just don't follow the rules. I have taken care of a girl with chronic back issues, and she swears by cold packs, which goes against what I've learned. And the doctors that I work with often tell the patients, "Do what works for you."

Now, is there room in that NFL 'Cold Tub' for two? LOL!

Edited by LilBambi

I hope you're feeling better now. This certainly isn't the way to celebrate your birthday. Happy Birthday!

securitybreach

I hope you're feeling better now. This certainly isn't the way to celebrate your birthday. Happy Birthday!

Yeah, I am feeling better. Of course, the meds help a bit too ;)

The worst part is having a blackeye and stitches but luckily my glasses are tinted slightly so you cannot even tell really. Also, wearing a baseball cap helps with my stitches showing. B)

Guest LilBambi

That would be a good sign.

Try not to let it drive you crazy. Only rub over it gently to ease the itching if you can.

But it is actually a good sign that you have itching already!

Sorry I missed your B-day.

Take a huge piece of virtual cake to celebrate.

fireworkcake.jpg

Since today is Flag Day, previously know as Decoration Day, that cake seemed appropriate. (Today was my grandmother's b-day).

Edited by zlim

Is Nelsons Hpyercal Cream really that good? Its available via Amazon: http://www.amazon.co... Hypercal cream

Tis for me. I have been using it for over thirty years. I'm a rough clumsy outdoorsy type so have used it quite a lot. I can also recommend the Nelsons Arnicare Arnica cream which I have also used extensively. mainly to treat all the bruises I received in the two decades playing at Ti Chi.(gentle oriental art my foot)

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/nelsons-skin-range/arnicare-arnica-cream/

:breakfast:

You only need the smallest amount of the Hypercal once or twice a day. Arnica can be used a tad more liberally depending on the bruising though you still only need smallish amounts. With the Arnica it helps if you spend time gently rubbing it in thoroughly as the heat and movement help with the dispersal of the clotted blood.

Might give you a nice scar.

You see I told you the girlies love war wounds :Laughing:

V.T. Eric Layton

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)

Could have been worse. Focus on the positive... you got some new glasses and you ARE here for your birthday. :)