Games on Ipods

teacher

Apple on Tuesday took a step towards making the iPod an all-purpose handheld system with the release of nine games that are playable on all fifth generation iPods. They each cost $4.99, and are available for download now.The nine games include well known classics including Pac-Man and Tetris, and popular casual games like Bejeweled and Zuma from PopCap games, as well as a mahjong and minigolf game from Electronic Arts, a Texas Hold’em poker game, a circular brickbashing game called Vortex, and Cubis 2, the sequel of a popular cube-based puzzle game made by Fresh Games. The Texas Hold’em and Vortex games were developed by Apple.While the nine games are immediately available for purchase and download, playing them is dependent on a version 1.2 firmware update that fifth generation iPods built prior to today’s announcement don’t yet have — those versions are still equipped with version 1.1.2.
That announcement as on MacWorld: News in addition to the announcement of a release of an 80GB iPod to match Toshiba's announcement toay of an 80Gb music player.

My Nano 4Gb is hardly noticable on my arm when I am running... but then, I am paying attention to the music!The games feature, to me anyway, seems to be simple feature stuffing. Very interesting, though, that they have gone back to the mini style with the Nanos. Supposedly, they are even thinner! Yikes!

I think the games are cool. That gives you something to do when you are sitting around waiting for appointments rather than stare at the walls when you don't have a book with you. I never pick up the magazines in a doctor's office because all I can think is that a bunch of sick people have had their hands on them. :hysterical: If I don't have it in my purse then I just sit there. My iPod is now frequently there so this would give me something to do other than just sit.