Photo

regarding servers

Today, 12:37 PM

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
I'm having a hard time understanding servers.  From what I read, a server is a computer that serves information to other computers.  What I don't understand is the reason for having a web server or music server or a mail server when wouldn't having just one device called a "server" be able to do your multi-media and web, mail etc.... :'( :hmm:

signed,
confused.

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Microsoft Edge Beta Released

20 Aug 2019

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Work has continued regularly since Microsoft announced adopting the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge.  There are daily "canary" builds as well as weekly Dev builds.  Testing was opened to Mac as well as Windows 7.  Announced today is the release of the first Beta version which will be updated every six weeks:  Microsoft Edge Insider.

285 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Windows 10 Notepad Moving to Microsoft Store With 20H1 Upgrade

17 Aug 2019

Posted by Corrine in All Things Windows
In an effort to enhance and speed up changes to Notepad on Windows 10 it will be moved to Microsoft Store.  From Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18963 | Windows Experience Blog:

Making Notepad store-updatable

Notepad has been a well-loved text editor in Windows for over 30 years. Over the last few releases, we've been making a number of small improvements to Notepad based on your feedback (including expanded line ending support, wrap around search, and indicating when there's unsaved content.) Starting with this build, we're making a change so that future Notepad updates will be automatically available via the store. This will allow us the flexibility to respond to issues and feedback outside the bounds of Windows releases. As always, if you have any feedback for Notepad, we welcome it in the Feedback Hub under Apps > Notepad.

Other changes already made to Notepad include wrap around search, text zoom, search autofill, line numbers when using word wrap. search with Bing, and better UTF-8 support.

875 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 113 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, wa4chq

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS