The Linux command line can fetch fun from afar

securitybreach

securitybreach
The Linux command line can fetch fun from afar. Use these tools to access weather, reading material, and more from remote locations.

linux-toy-remote.png?itok=mHm9POPi

We're almost to the end of our 24-day-long Linux command-line toys advent calendar. Hopefully, you've been following along, but if not, start back at the beginning and work your way through. You'll find plenty of games, diversions, and oddities for your Linux terminal.

And while you may have seen some toys from our calendar before, we hope there’s at least one new thing for everyone.

Today's toy (or actually, collection of toys) is a little different. So far I've mostly tried to focus on toys that are self-contained, and completely usable under an open source license. But I've gotten some great suggestions from readers which utilize an open source tool to access something remotely that may or may not be open source. Today, I'll round up a few of those...............

https://opensource.c...inux-toy-remote

• Like 4

Waking up to a pristine white wonderland on Christmas morning is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. But then it needs to get warm enough for that stuff to melt by afternoon, as I have places to go and things to do, and shoveling snow isn't one of them! :P

• Like 1

Waking up to a pristine white wonderland on Christmas morning is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. But then it needs to get warm enough for that stuff to melt by afternoon, as I have places to go and things to do, and shoveling snow isn't one of them! :P

Yeah, shoveling can be bad....especially for the elderly. Some Most folks around here don't know how to drive in snow....that's the part I hate.

Xsnow was what I was thinking about. I used to like showing it to my bosses kids when they were little. https://janswaal.home.xs4all.nl/Xsnow/