Seti@Home security issue

benhenry

Guest ComputerBob

I've never participated in the SETI project, but I've always wondered about how it affected security. Thanks for the important info, benhenry! :D

We contribute some cpu cycles in our own small way... our family has processed data for 62 stars. (That is just a spit in the ocean compared to many of the contributors.)Here in the plains we usually have great "seeing" at night. It makes a fun family project to try to spot the star we have been assigned... sometimes the star is in the wrong hemisphere... sometimes it is too faint... but sometimes we can track it.We haven't encountered any intelligent life yet. I mean... extraterrestrial intelligent life... but we aren't giving up!

Guest ComputerBob
We haven't encountered any intelligent life yet.  I mean... extraterrestrial intelligent life... but we aren't giving up!
I can imagine how difficult that must be. It's hard enough trying to find "terrestrial intelligence." :D

hmmm this reminds me I should get that reinstalled again. I use to run it all the time, but I needed another partition so it got dumped. Nice little thing and lots of programs to participate in too.