#26 OFFLINE   Hedon James

Hedon James

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

View Postraymac46, on 14 February 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I am reading this thread with interest, but I'm probably going to stick with VirtualBox. My main interest in VMs is to run a Linux instance on Windows 10 and VBox works pretty well in Windows.
I haven't had many problems with the Guest Additions lately as most mainstream distros are baking the utils into the kernel now. I haven't tried MX Linux in VBox though since I have it on the rails on an old laptop and desktop.
I decided to archive my VBox installs of Sparky and Ubuntu to save some disk space, and I am just running Mageia on Windows as my Linux go-to distro.

You're doing it backwards Ray.  You don't run a solid & stable guest on top of a quirky & buggy host.  You run the quirky & buggy OS as a guest on your reliably solid & stable host!  :devil:

#27 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,212 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostHedon James, on 14 February 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

View Postraymac46, on 14 February 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I am reading this thread with interest, but I'm probably going to stick with VirtualBox. My main interest in VMs is to run a Linux instance on Windows 10 and VBox works pretty well in Windows.
I haven't had many problems with the Guest Additions lately as most mainstream distros are baking the utils into the kernel now. I haven't tried MX Linux in VBox though since I have it on the rails on an old laptop and desktop.
I decided to archive my VBox installs of Sparky and Ubuntu to save some disk space, and I am just running Mageia on Windows as my Linux go-to distro.

You're doing it backwards Ray.  You don't run a solid & stable guest on top of a quirky & buggy host.  You run the quirky & buggy OS as a guest on your reliably solid & stable host!  :devil:

Correct. Windows should never live outside of a VM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#28 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

I have one machine which I use for Windows 10 train sims and I like to take a break from Windows so I have Linux in a VM there. Can't run the other way because games are lousy in VBox (graphics suck.)
I have an instance of Windows in my Linux VBox but never use it.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users