Eudora .wav file

epp_b

Does anyone know where Eudora get's it's "new e-mail" audio file from? I can't seem to find a .WAV file relating to it anywhere :thumbsdown: Is it embedded in the EXE or what??

Doesn't Win 98 have an applet in the Control Panel for Sound?  What does it show the New Mail event pointing to?
That's unrelated and only a setting for Outlook Express. Eudora has it's own built-in setting to select the "New Mail" sound. And no, it doesn't tell me the location of any sound file there either.

only a setting for Outlook Express.
It may have been designed for OE but I have a couple of utilities that use it and I think Netscape/Mozilla would also. You sure Endora doesn't?

• 1 year later...

The wav file is embedded within a DLL. In version 7 it is held in EudoraRes.dll. I used a resource editor (Restorator 2005 is a free trial download that will do the job) to extract the sound and create a .wav file to use with Thunderbird. I have used Eudora since version 4, but its become so unstable of late, the only endearing thing about Eudora was the (much loved) 'mail has arrived' jingle... So I had to take the sound with me when I stopped using Eudora.Pete

Does anyone know where Eudora get's it's "new e-mail" audio file from? I can't seem to find a .WAV file relating to it anywhere :) Is it embedded in the EXE or what??

• 4 weeks later...

Sun 12 Feb 06, 6:19 p.m.Hi all,I guess this is a pretty ancient thread, but I came upon it googling around asking the same question, "Where is the %##!^& Eudoria new mail .wav?" :o . No simple answers here, but I figured it out myself, so now this non-techie can contribute something for a change.It's easy!(1) Open the Windows funky Sound Recorder (or any .wav player/recorder). Get ready to record.(2) Open Eudora and send yourself an e-mail. Wait a minute.(3) Start recording.(4) Check for new messages in Eudora. The new message you just sent to yourself will arrive and play the Doo-doo-doo-do-do sound. (5) Stop recording. Crop the sound to eliminate the silence from the beginning and end of the file. Save as "newmail.wav" (or whatever) to any location you want, such as the Mozilla Thunderbird folder in Program Files. (6) In Thunderbird: Tools>Options>General. Under "When new message arrives", tic "play a sound" and click the "Advanced" button. Tic "Custom wav file" Click "browse" and navigate to where you have saved "newmail.wav". Doo-doo-doo-do-do! You are finished. Time: Less than five minutes!Aloha, :w00t: :P Rex

• 3 months later...