Photo

Brave-browser

Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Posted by réjean in Social Media
Hi everyone! I just saw this last night and was wondering if some of you have seen it and what your opinion is. I don't really intend to install it. Just curious.
https://brave.com/gd...vMV-XaugE_sV_wU

48 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

Mozilla Firefox Version 66.0 Released with Security Updates

19 Mar 2019

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Mozilla sent Firefox Version 66.0 to the release channel today.  The update addresses 21 CVE's of which five (5) are rated critical, seven (7) high, five (5) moderate and four (4) low in severity.

Firefox ESR has been updated to Version 60.6.

Update:  To get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu, then pick "About Firefox."  Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu. If you do not use the English language version, Fully Localized Versions are available for download.

Security Updates
Release Notes

221 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Corrine )

Photo

Regarding encryption

18 Mar 2019

Posted by wa4chq in Bruno's All Things Linux
I found this today while searching info about editing an encrypted file.  I have be using "gpg".  Here's what I found:

I have spent countless hours on this quest, too: simply encrypt a text file with a passphrase with simple open+read/write access. I didn't want to deal with private/public keys nor keyrings bound to an OS login, blah, blah, blah. File encryption with passphrase only is so simple and so universal and perfect for a simple text file to hold passwords. No bloat nor complication of a database-driven solution like KeePass, etc. (which also requires data entry into multiple GUI elements rather than just typing your passwords in a searchable text file). The gold standard on Windows is Steganos LockNote. How to do it on Linux? Surprisingly very difficult to find, but...
I finally converged on the recommendation I consider best: cream. http://cream.sourceforge.net/ Cream is a facade to vim to make it more-user-friendly ... useful for other family members (I am a Linux geek at work comfortable with vi[m], but I needed something more accessible for my family).
Just enter:
"vim -x yourfile.txt"
It will be saved as encrypted with a passphrase.
You can use vim or cream at this point:
"vim yourfile.txt" or "cream yourfile.txt".
Either one will natively open "yourfile.txt" and prompt for the passphrase and transparently allow edits and re-saving as encrypted. FINALLY the quest has been completed !!!!
I think it's pretty cool.....

316 Views · 25 Replies ( Last reply by wa4chq )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 55 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS