How to do privacy and security

sunrat

Looks to me like it is time to invest in some more tinfoil stocks. I have a feeling tinfoil hat sales will be on the rise again.

This guy is worried about the US, UK and our allies and not worried about Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Iraq and the terrorist groups these countries harbor? >_< :rolleyes: Not to mention organized crime, drug syndicates, and hacker groups???

That article seems nothing more to me than a page full of ads with links nearly to 100 :blink2: products and services!!! :(

Further more, it looks like another opportunistic bash at Microsoft and Windows. Microsoft is NOT trying to hack our passwords, bank accounts, user contacts, or infect our computers, learn our true identities or our physical location.

In fact, with an Ethernet connected computer, the closest Microsoft and Windows knows of our physical location is our PoP (point of presence) - the physical location where our ISP connects us to the Internet back bone. In my case, that is 10 miles away in the next town over!

Your ISP knows more about you than Microsoft. They know your real name, billing information and home address. And they have a record of your Internet activities.

If you are paranoid about your privacy, get rid of your cell phone! Not only does your cell phone carrier know your real name, billing information and home address, they also know who you have talked to and texted, and where you have been on the Internet. But worse yet, they know where you have physically been, where you are currently standing within just a few feet - including the aisle of the store you are in. And they know the direction you are heading and how fast you traveling.

IMO, that is one of the worst, most biased, misleading articles I have every seen. :(

• Like 1

IMO, that is one of the worst, most biased, misleading articles I have every seen. :(

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I prefer to minimise what information leaves my computer and the article describes a number of ways to do that. I don't consider that misleading.

• Like 1

I prefer to minimise what information leaves my computer...
And that's fine and I respect that.

and the article describes a number of ways to do that. I don't consider that misleading.
It is VERY misleading because Microsoft is NOT "monitoring and recording our online activities" like that author suggests.

He even states Windows 10 is collecting our passwords! That is more than misleading - that is a flat out lie!!!!!!

Other lies include him claiming Windows 10 is collecting our email "content". That's totally false! And they are not collecting our "contacts and relationships" either!

Edited by Digerati
  • Like 1