Hey Mister Moderator

Jeber

Oh Mr. Moderator, The thread I attempted to start, "The future of the web", needs to be deleted. I don't know what I was thinking. All I can say is I was not myself when I posted it. And the reaction to it is just what it deserves. Deleting's too good for it. It should have a chain rapped around it's neck and dragged behind a Cooper Mini until parts start to fall off. And while you're at it, delete this post too. Before you read it, if possible.In the other forum I spend a lot of time in, the creator of a post has "moderator" privliges to delete their own posts. I sure could use that option now. :)

Actually, it would be interesting to hear what those who have been on the internet for a long time have to say about its future. I've only been surfing since mid-2001 so it's difficult for me to see where it's all headed. :)

Guest Paracelsus

Hey Jeber,Delete it!! Why? Just 'cause no replies (so far)?? It's only a few days old, man. I believe it's worthwhile to prognosticate (as long as you're not trying to predict the future).I read it when when you first posted, and thought of responding. It's just that...Even though I can use the web well enough to do what I want...When I start thinking about HOW it works, and what might make it Better/Easier/More Enjoyable/Faster/Safer/More Secure...I start to smell something that's like a combination of an electrical fire, and suatéed Calves' Liver...Then... I pass out :) B) :)

Guest LilBambi

OK, now that I've had time to pick myself up off the floor from laughing ... I just have to say ....Paracelsus ... you are a wonderful addition to these forums!And Jeber ... sorry ... somehow I must have missed the addition of that forum Topic.... will have to go looking for it soon ... although ... after Paracelsus' comments on what happened to him when he started thinking about it ... I might just wait a few days and let the smoke clear! :)

Ah, gee, you caught on to why I posted the question. I started trying to contimplate this topic the other day, and sorta like Paracelsus, my brain started to hurt and now my left eye has become crossed and I can't get it straightened out. So I figured I'd get someone else to come up with something profound then just claim their opinion as my own. :) But OK, I'll admit it may take some time to consider the subject, and I'll wait a while to see if there are some deep thinkers out there who may post a really interesting reply.

I think Arena and I are the only ones in a position to delete the darn thing, and I refuse to do it, Jeber. Sorry, man. I pulled a Paracelsus too. For me it was just a fuse blow. I read your post the day you posted it and I thought, "Cool. I should answer that." Then in the next second, I thought, "Eh, mabye when I have a few more brain cells." Unfortunately, that seems to be a recurring problem of mine ...-- Scot

Crud, I went and opened my big mouth and now I've gotten pinned. Ow, ow, ow, ow. Feel like I've been naughty or something.Or maybe it means this forum and I are going steady now (and no, I won't explain "going steady" for all you under 20 computer-literate-from-birth brainy little geeks. It's a secret of the ancients.)

Guest LilBambi

Hey Jeber ... you've been pinned?Does that mean that Scot wins for pinning you ... seems to me there was a children's game about that ... hmmmmm :)