• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   quint

quint

Linux Miner

• Forum MVP
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 10:25 PM

Here's one for all of us:Boot It NGJust in case you haven't read about it yet, in the Special issue from Fred. :lol: It definitely looks great - does it all, as far as partitioning, imaging, and restoring is concerned...and fits on a floppy! :lol:edit: one more thing...it is a bootmanager also. :lol:
~ « Linux User # 314972 ~ « Ubuntu User # 12930 ~

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
                -- Mark Twain

#52 OFFLINE   imranj

imranj

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 06:45 PM

Here is my link......................of the week.................day ....................month..........etc  :rolleyes: http://www.weeklywor...nstanceid=58210bit freaking also posten in the water cooler area..........  :lol:

#53 OFFLINE   RandomBox

RandomBox

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:09 PM

I came across this site ASCII Movies that is just too cool (me thinx!) to NOT share! Remember ASCII art?  Pffft, rudimentary, I say! And I am sure you will say the same >> once you watch some of these!Or else, .................... money back guarantee (inquire within)!

#54 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:56 PM

stopped in at many of the sites above - cool!   B) here's a couple for you:Cooking with Tesla (High Voltage)   :) Serving up High Speed internet from a Barn   B) What Might Happen if Machines Grew to Consciousness?   :)
Posted Image

#55 OFFLINE   RandomBox

RandomBox

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:59 AM

It has been over a week and I have not posted anything here >>> I am going thru withdrawal symptoms!Even an old dog can learn new tricks about WinXP!Henceforth, I subject you to the following site!  http://www.annoyance...show/category01I dare you NOT to find a single usable tip!

#56 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:17 PM

Temmu, on Jul 30 2003, 09:56 AM, said:

See Terminator movies.  They will hunt us down  B)

#57 OFFLINE   Gus K

Gus K

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 10:21 AM

Been playing around with the new search kid.http://www.teoma.com/Worth a peek.

#58 OFFLINE   Freddy

Freddy

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:37 AM

I'd be surprised if this site wasn't mentioned before, but http://www.majorgeeks.com/  has a wealth of tools covering all aspects of computer usage, maintenance and administration.  Many of the tools mentioned in Scott's newletter are here.

#59 OFFLINE   akomi

akomi

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:40 PM

I ran across this site that gives some inside information about searching and the use of Google. I use Google search engine almost 100% of the time and have found some interesting  tools to put to good use. This site gives you a Yahoo!-style guide to Google with its directory listing the main categories and sub-categories. http://google.indicateur.com/

#60 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:30 AM

I wouldn't normally recommend another forum here, but this onecaters to those who aren't usually awake during most the activity in this forum.  It should be most active in the "dead" of night.  :)

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiotŁ
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#61 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 01:00 AM

Why do I never remember where this topic is?  I know the mind's going fast...but jeez...Anyway, I came here to share this site with you.Be forewarned:1)  I think these people are serious.  That scares me.2)  I wish I could write spoof pieces this good.3)  Anyone here go through something similar?4)  Share...

(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#62 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 04:03 AM

Jeber, on Oct 2 2003, 10:00 PM, said:

Why do I never remember where this topic is?  I know the mind's going fast...but jeez...Anyway, I came here to share this site with you.Be forewarned:1)  I think these people are serious.  That scares me.2)  I wish I could write spoof pieces this good.3)  Anyone here go through something similar?4)  Share...
Be careful - IT'S A COOKBOOK! :o

#63 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:39 AM

Good one ibe98765 -- I remember that one!To Serve Man, Rod Serling (from a story by Damon Knight), Twilight Zone, March 2, 1962.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#64 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 05:11 PM

LilBambi, on Oct 3 2003, 08:39 AM, said:

Good one ibe98765 -- I remember that one!To Serve Man, Rod Serling (from a story by Damon Knight), Twilight Zone, March 2, 1962.
Ha! I was wondering if anyone would make the connection!  To Serve Man is always voted as the top TwilightZone episode of all time (see http://www.thetzsite...cripts/089.html for the script).  It is reshown periodically on the SciFi channel.  I was also disappointed that UPN deep-sixed the latest incarnation of the TwilightZone.  I though many of last years shows were quite good....

#65 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:41 PM

I am an avid Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Ray Bradbury, other scifi movies/shows fan :w00t:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#66 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:47 PM

Seems to be a lot of people on the internet with all the answers to life's questions...like this guy.

(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#67 OFFLINE   ibe98765

ibe98765

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:04 AM

Jeber, on Oct 9 2003, 07:47 PM, said:

Seems to be a lot of people on the internet with all the answers to life's questions...like this guy.
I'm going to get some of those rings!  Imortality here I come! And it must work - it's PATENTED!  Oh boy, if I can live long enough (like forever), maybe my IRA will finally accumulate enough money for me to retire on... :w00t:Speaking of absurd patents, here's a set of links with plenty of wierd things to ponder:http://www.patent.fr...othersites.html

#68 OFFLINE   JackR

JackR

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:39 PM

This guy is an Israeli and does his ÔÇťWorkÔÇŁ in Israel.During the centuries a lot of ÔÇťMiraclesÔÇŁ occurred in the Holly Land.  Might be the current one. :lol:  :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

#69 OFFLINE   ScottL

ScottL

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 07:53 PM

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/Great digital art--he is very talented.

#70 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:28 PM

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/Great digital art--he is very talented.
Good link! They have some great looking stuff there!I didn't realise it had a membership fee though. There is a smaller free section here.

#71 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:13 PM

Ryan's a local guy and great artist.  He and his wife just had a baby, so the money helps support both the site and the new baby.  But the free gallery has some cool artwork as well.  Be sure to check out the member's gallery...submissions from members.  Some variety there.

(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#72 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:10 PM

one of my favorite art sites.   B) (just wish i could produce some of that...)  B)
Posted Image

#73 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:27 PM

one of my favorite art sites.  (just wish i could produce some of that...) 
Yea, tell me out it. I've always been really bad at art ;)

#74 OFFLINE   Ed_P

Ed_P

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:10 PM

I've always wanted to submit a good link but most have already been used or submitted.  I think this one is finally unique and deserving.   :blink: If you want a good description, and use, for the Windows "hosts" file I recommend this site. What is the Hosts file?
Ed

#75 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:26 PM

Thanks, EdP!  I've been reading a lot of comments these days in another forum about Hosts file this & Hosts file that.  That link helped my understanding of how it works.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users