Bart's PE Builder v3.0x

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2003 - 05:37 PM

nlinecomputers, on May 24 2003, 05:24 PM, said:

I'm not sure I follow you about a service pack but the PE disk hasn't changed.  To do what it does I'm not sure it would need to.  Its purpose is to aid in the install of windows over a network.
The original WinPE is based on Windows XP.Bart's PE Builder is based on Windows XP SP1.That's what I meant.Obviously you can do everything in the oringinal WinPE ;)

#27 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2003 - 12:04 AM

Once again, if anyone is willing to PM me and arrange with me, I will be willing to host that file and help out the community. Sadly I just didn't keep a copy.While I was looking for mirrors I came across with this pageIt is quite funny to see people's comment in response to Microsoft's removel on that program

#28 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2003 - 09:53 PM

So far Thanks to BarryB, I am now host the Bart's PE Builder 1.04 Download Link RemovedIf anyone of you have version 1.06, please PM me, and I will be more than welcome to host it.ThunderRiver

#29 OFFLINE   pknudsen

pknudsen

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 03:53 AM

The download on the page isn't operative. :unsure:

#30 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 11:16 AM

For the best of this forum, Scot and I have come to the conclusion that the link should be taken down until further notice. Please be more patient as version 2.x may be out sometime in the future.ThunderRiver

#31 OFFLINE   inform

inform

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:05 PM

I have version 1.05 and have tried to use it however my copy of XP does not have SP1 on it. It tells you that you have to slipstream SP1 if you don't have it on your original cd. How do you do this? I really want to build this because I have a computer that is giving me a blue screen from **** and keeps rebooting. Thanks

#32 OFFLINE   inform

inform

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:45 PM

I found an answer to my own question. I should remember to google before posting here. I Found this site. Thanks.

#33 OFFLINE   JoshN

JoshN

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:09 AM

Main difference between PE Builder v1.0.x and v2.0.x?1. Registry hive files "software", "default" and "setupreg.hiv" are no longer static but are created by PE Builders internal registry builder. 2. V2 can also create Windows PE from Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Home Edition. 3. To enable network support the user has to supply netcfg.exe and factory.exe from Windows PE (I'm trying to figure out a way around this...) 4. V2 uses the highly dynamic menu system called Nu2Menu, created by Henk de Jong. Linkage

#34 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:35 AM

Great link JoshN. I previously posted info about version 1.x in the past, and it was removed by Microsoft. Now the version 2.x is out, which is a great news. Unfortunately, it doesn't have network support at this moment, which does defeat the main purpose of WinPE. Well, guys give it a try :)This thread will be merged with previous one. ThanksThunderRiver

#35 OFFLINE   Marsden11

Marsden11

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:34 AM

If you did not download it last night... you are out of luck for now...Saw this on Bart's site:Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   JoshN

JoshN

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:11 AM

I got it. WooHoo!

#37 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 10:49 AM

Marsden11, on Jul 24 2003, 05:34 AM, said:

If you did not download it last night... you are out of luck for now...Saw this on Bart's site:Posted Image
Like always.. It really doesn't make any senses though.. if you are an OEM builder, you get WinPE 1.2 for free..and MS just doesn't want consumer to get it? heh..really wicked.

#38 OFFLINE   BarryB

BarryB

Prince Distro

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:09 PM

Should have figured, I would be too slow.. :blink: Missed it again..^%*876.) :rolleyes:
Barry

Right when you think you know the answers..somebody goes and changes the questions
Registered Linux user #303103

#39 OFFLINE   nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Discussion Deity

• No Longer a Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:10 PM

Should have figured, I would be too slow..  Missed it again..^%*876.) 
DITTO....Grr!
Nathan Williams, N-Line Computers

How to kill a programmer:  Give him a shampoo bottle.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

#40 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:23 PM

Well, I am sure MS has its own reason to shut it down.. and Bart will be sure to strike back somehow.

#41 OFFLINE   BarryB

BarryB

Prince Distro

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:29 PM

No doubt...not frustrated with either Bart or MS...Just my own Slllooooowwwnnnnesss..should have got it last night...my bad
Barry

Right when you think you know the answers..somebody goes and changes the questions

#42 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:59 PM

I didn't get it last night either because it doesn't have network support, which is what makes WinPE so great. All I can say right now is that next time I will download it just for the heck of it heh.The funny thing is that last night, the site was DOSed soo bad.. perhaps it was because too many user request to download it and brought down the server, and this morning, MS shuts it down for good.

#43 OFFLINE   BarryB

BarryB

Prince Distro

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:13 PM

I can't understand why MS guards PE so hard...I have an eval copy of 03 server...hmmmmm
Barry

#44 OFFLINE   Marsden11

Marsden11

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:33 PM

MS guards it because it was designed to be an OEM tool. Never a free public tool... I think Bart will have to call it something else and it will have to be free of any MS code... Can Bart accomplish this? Only time will tell...

#45 OFFLINE   BarryB

BarryB

Prince Distro

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:41 PM

Marsden11, on Jul 24 2003, 03:33 PM, said:

MS guards it because it was designed to be an OEM tool. Never a free public tool... I think Bart will have to call it something else and it will have to be free of any MS code... Can Bart accomplish this? Only time will tell...
Yea I figured It would do with their agreement to assist OEM's with installs /preps( and not for the general public).  I think your right..Bart will not only have to change the name, but also make it clear of related  ms coding.Pity!  Would make a great tool
Barry

#46 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:23 PM

Marsden11, on Jul 24 2003, 04:33 PM, said:

hehe.. I am not an OEM builder, but I already got my hand on WinPE v1.2I think it is a great tool for IT...it is foolish not to have it.

#47 OFFLINE   Marsden11

Marsden11

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 01:31 AM

You did not get that code from MS. And if you use it... you are in direct violation of the EULA that accompanied that code. Great tool or not, there are those who are licensed to use it and there are those who use it illegally. We all live under the rule of law. We may not like all of them but who really wants to go back to the wild west days?Now, if you want to make a tool that does the same thing as Win PE, and you call it something else and it doesn't infringe on MS code... Go for it! Build the better mouse trap!

#48 OFFLINE   havnblast

havnblast

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:19 AM

I don't think there is anyone that ever lived and those living now that didn't  break some rule or law.  Just stop and think about how many people in world actually read the EULA.  Yes, I know ignorance of the laws is no excuse, but my god  your talking about a perfect society that doesn't exist.  The website owner did his part and removed the program - those that got it are going to use it and pass it along to whoever I am sure.  It's a part of life that will always be.

#49 OFFLINE   Marsden11

Marsden11

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:20 AM

So your justification is... it's OK because everybody does it and it is not a perfect world... an oldie but goodie...

#50 OFFLINE   havnblast

havnblast

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:30 AM

No - I did not say that - saying nobody is perfect with rules and laws and it will always be apart of life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users